Monday, May 10, 2010

Days Off...

I have today and tomorrow off.  YAY!  Though I've gotten quite a few things finished, I still have much to do.  I may have put more things on my list than anyone could possibly  get done in 4 days, but by having so many things on my list, I am able to pick and choose what project I want to work on next.  haha!  There is a method to my madness.  I have one huge project to complete...and will work on smaller projects when I need a break from that.  

I finished this tote bag this morning.  It's a Mother's Day gift for my Aunt/Godmother Bev.  I started it yesterday but it took much longer than I thought it would...or that it needed to.  Probably because I was making it up as I went along, and had to stop and think.  Which hurts.  The next one will go much faster.  I hope.  ohyeah.  I know.  It's late.  For a very important date.  ohmy!  
 
It measures about  12 x 16 inches, has a flat bottom, and a little loop for keys sewn into one side seam.  Inside, there are pockets.  One side has pockets that go all the way across...on the other side, there is one pocket higher up...for keys or cell phone or whatever you think you might need easy access to.   And, it matches the pincushion I made for her last year for Mother's Day.  See it here.

Aunt Bev sews and knits...always totes something along wherever she goes, so I think she'll like it.

There's a folded strip of fabric that is sewn into the seams that runs across one side...divided by stitching lines into 5 pockets.
 (the pocket is on straight, just looks crooked)...

Update on other projects...I finished the hand-sewing on the baby blush quilt and will be washing/drying the two quilts for Joyce today.  Cannot show them until she's received them.  They are too dang cute...just sayin'.

I'm sure I'll be adding to this later.

Don't forget...DWTS tonight!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That tote for Bev is just darling! Very nice and I am sure she will get much use out of it! You are sooooooooooo talented!!!
Love you, Joyce

kelley said...

love the tote...rulers and yardsticks are a favoirte of mine...right after scissors and hooks...

enjoy these last two days off...they go ever so fast...

WoolenSails said...

I love that material on the tote, beautiful work.
I have been saving some nice cat material that Kelley sent me, just the right weight for totes. So, I have to make one for me with lots of pockets.

Debbie

Dog Trot Farm said...

Jacque what a cute themed tote, I'm sure your God Mother is just going to love it!

Pokey said...

Love this tote, and the fabric line when it came out. Shucks, I didn't buy any!! But you have made a perfect project tote, Jacque!

Anonymous said...

That is the perfect gift for Aunt Bev! As Joyce said, you are exremely talented! It's adorable!
Jill