Sunday, May 9, 2010

This n That...

I was planning on doing a post yesterday...a big long post...baring my soul and all of that.  I got so busy getting things done, though, that I never did sit down and write it.  Now, this a.m., it seems totally inappropriate.  But, I do have a lot to say, so sit back and relax and enjoy the ride (read).  

Today is a special day for celebrating motherhood...

Happy Mother's Day to all!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had my 3rd injection of synvisc on Friday morning and am so pleased with the results.  No pain!  Well, an occasional twitch here and there, but nothing like I have had for so long.  

Friday was kind of an off day for me.  Will spare you the details.  Suffice it to say that I was feeling sorry for myself.   So, on my way home, I was having a good talk with myself...so what if I don't have this or that or so what if my life is different than what I thought (30 years ag0) that it would be.  Were it not for what has gone by, I would not have what I have now.  And, I did have the next 4 days off work, after all! That's gotta make one feel better, yes?

God has such a way of showing me what a doofus I am.  Ya know?  And, He apparently thought that I needed a BIG message.  There were 3 fun things waiting for me when I got home.  2 packages and a wonderful friendship card.  It was like being slapped upside the head..."are you paying attention, now?" 

The card, sent just because...from Kelley of With Hook & Needle.  I wish we lived closer.  Thank you so much, Kelley.  It sure warmed my heart.

A package from my sister, Joyce, in Alaska.  Had no clue what she sent.  Not my birthday and not any other celebration.  WOW!  It's a calendar...she buys me an Iditarod calendar every year...but for Christmas...not this early in the year.  BUT, what's this?  A 2011 Alaska Quilts Calendar.   Ohboy...this is such an awesome calendar...a collaboration of quilters for a special project to commemorate the 50th anniversary of Alaska statehood.  Here's a photo of the back of the calendar...if someone reminds me, I'll post a photo at the beginning of each month.  These are so awesome and I LOVE this!  Be sure to click on the image to enlarge it.  Thank you, Joyce! 


The 3rd fun thing...a package from Cathy of Quilting On Turtle Hill.  Now, I've mentioned Cathy before...I won a giveaway...a box of scraps.  Well, not really scraps, as there are some large pieces in there!  I made the 'love is in the air' quilt and a pinwheel quilt and a fabric basket and now, the doll quilt (more on that in a bit).   A few weeks ago, Cathy started making dolls and they are just the cutest things I've seen!  Each one having different hair style & color and eye colors...different clothes...they are too adorable for words!  Please be sure to click on the link above and see these too-cute-for-words dolls!  Well, I've been very vocal in my comments on Cathy's blog.  About how much I liked them.  Last week, Cathy asked for my address.  When I sent it to her, I asked if I was getting another box of 'scraps'.  She said that I was not...that maybe her dog, Brodie, had bought a new toy for Tag!  So, I really had no clue what was in that box.  The box wasn't very heavy, and when I picked it up, something inside kinda flopped...so I was thinking that she really did send a new toy for Tag!  Well, I opened the box and about fell over on the spot!  She sent me this...

A 14" doll of my very own!  Isn't that just the most adorable doll ever!  I mean, really!  EVER!!!!  She is posing here with a little quilt my gram made for my chatty cathy doll a bazillion years ago.  She definitely needed her own quilt.  So, I made one for her!  Here it is...all washed and dried and crinkly soft...measures just over 13" square.
The squares finished at 1"...itty-bitty squares.  I did no pinning on this one...and was happy that the points all lined up so nicely.

 We had a photo-shoot this morning...
 ...and Tag helped (?).
 She tired out quickly...
That's all I have on that.  Except that she needs a name.

edited to add:  she now has a name...Aubrey Lynn.  Thanks, Janer!

Ya know...I don't have a lot...but what I do have is precious to me.  That very definitely includes all of the very nice, wonderful, creative & talented, and generous friends in my life.  Those I've met in person and those I've met online.  I thank you all.

10 comments:

WoolenSails said...

What wonderful surprises. Friends do make our day when we need it;)

Debbie

Dog Trot Farm said...

Blogging friends are just the best! What a sweet doll, along with a cherished quilt to keep her warm.

Joanne said...

What great and generous friends you have Jacque - You deserve them! Oh my that doll sortof reminds of your granddaughter Kaylynn!

Kim said...

Awwww, your little doll is adorable. And she knew just when to arrive too! I often find myself having little pep talks to myself. Sometimes we just need to tell ourself to wise-up!
Kim

Rugs and Pugs said...

Jacque ~ Sometimes it takes a day or two to realize just how lucky we really are! Goodies in the mail help too ;-)
The doll is too sweet and I just love the little quilt you made for her.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren
P.S. And you still having the quilt your gram made for Chatty Cathy is precious!

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

We all have figure out that we have soooo many blessings!!!!!! Life is a challenge many times but we have so much more good than bad ~ sometimes we do have be hit on the head a bit to remember it! Happy Mother's Day to you, dear Jacque!!

Anonymous said...

I am flattered that you chose the name I suggested...don't know where the "Lynn" comes in, but you do recall Aubry, or Aubrey, was a song by Bread, way back when we were young...
Love,
Janer

Anonymous said...

I love the name of the doll and she is adorable! I am so glad you were so thrilled with the calendar!!!
Enjoy and happy mother's day!
Joyce

Farm Girl said...

I just wanted to say, I know about those days when God comes in and slaps ya right up side the head. It blessed me to see how He just blessed your socks off. I was looking at my follower list and there you were, thank you so much for becoming a follower. I love reading your blog and looking at your quilting and all of the stuff you do.
Blessings today

Cathy said...

Your doll quilt is precious. It makes me want to make some, but 1" squares....whew that's small!!! LOL