Saturday, May 8, 2010

In the Meantime...

Today is the first of 4 days off....woohoo!!!  I have many things I'd like to do, but 2 major projects that need to be finished.  Being the procrastinator that I am, I decided to take today just for me.  The plan, then, is to concentrate for the next 3 days and finish everything up.

I finished hand sewing the binding on the turtle quilt last night.  This morning, I finished quilting the baby blush quilt and sewed the binding on...need to do the hand stitching.  No photos to show, cuz Joyce doesn't want to see them until they arrive on her doorstep.

I did some reading.  I played with Tag.  I made a doll quilt.

I have a huge post that I want/feel the need to write, but my head isn't quite ready for that, yet.  In the meantime, feast your eyes upon this lovely, delicate little quilt.   Those are 1" squares...I have a new-found respect for those who work with really small pieces!

More later.

7 comments:

Erin @ Why Not Sew? Quilts said...

Jacque-
I love the quilt.

Erin

jane augenstein said...

Beautiful Jacque! I liked to work with miniature quilts at one time and I did some paper piecing, fun! Haven't quilted in a long time, kind of miss it maybe someday again.
:-D

Dog Trot Farm said...

Jacque, what a sweet quilt- the colors remind me of cotton candy. I do not quilt, but do know and appreciate all the hard work that goes into them. Just lovely.

Kim said...

Beautiful quilt. I hope your "me" day was perfect. I love it when I can steal one!
Kim

Anonymous said...

Glad you took a day for you.
Hey, I thought you were going to tell us all about your great mail items on Friday.
Joyce

WoolenSails said...

Love the quilt and I do find it harder to work with tiny pieces. I love the small quilts, but have no idea how people can do the tiny triangles, lol.

Debbie

Joanne said...

Great quilt - wow you are sooooooo productive - and finding time to read ! You go woman!