Thursday, May 7, 2009

Gifts for Mother's Day

Me Mum received her gift for Mother's Day today, so I can show you all! Two table mats ~13" square. One for her and one for her husband, Ray.

Front of Mom's...the disappearing nine-patch pattern...just doodles for quilting...

Front of Ray's...the quilting is better on Mom's mat...

Back of Mom's - she LOVES potatoes! When I saw this fabric, I just had to get some!

Back of Ray's - those are campers.

My Aunt Bev is also my Godmother...she calls me Jon...get it? Jackie, Jack, John. This is a weighted pincushion about 3x9 inches, has a flap w/pockets for her scissors, etc. Lovin' this fabric...got the pattern HERE (thank you, Elizabeth!). I chose not to make the little bag for snippets of thread.

They're all quite pleased with their gifts. whew. That makes me very happy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow those turned out very nice!!! Very appropriate material for all of them!!
Joyce

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Great work! I like the colors of mom and Rays. It will go well with their place. I'm thinking I need a hobby some day. Can't afford much and allergic to wool and knitting bothers my carpal. Any ideas? Jua