Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Iced Mocha in a Bag!

okay...now.
Me Mum has read my blog approximately
6 times in the 3 years I have had it.

(OH...which reminds me...my blogoversary is coming soon!)

Back to me Mum...she usually reads this blog only when I ask her if she has.  Gosh, you'd think she would want to see what I'm up to.
Ya know?  

So, now that I don't want her to read it, she will.
Isn't that the way things work?

If you are my Mother...STOP!  EXIT my blog! 

(is she gone?)  

Okay.
I showed you the tote bag I made for my Aunt Bev.
(Refresh your memory here.)
It's a combo Mother's Day/birthday gift.
I was telling me Mum about it
and it sounded like she thought it 
would be a nifty thing to have.

So.  I made one for her!
For Mother's Day.
(yeah, I know...late!)

I used up some scraps of the Iced Mocha fabric
that I had left from her quilt.

The lining is the fabric I backed Janer's quilt with.

Here it is...
I'm not sure which one I like better...
Mum's or Bev's.

I think I like them both.

11 comments:

moosecraft said...

OMG!!! I want one too!!! The colors are perfection!!!! Do you have enough of that material left? :-)

Anonymous said...

YES!!!! I want one too!!!!
Do you have any of MY fabric left over??
Oh Jacque that is absolutely lovely and I just love it and know that mom will too!!! Wow!!!!
I can't get over it!!!
I truly want one now!!!!!!!
Please???????????????????
LOL
Joyce

Thistlebrooms said...

Jacque...
Their BOTH so different, so really I can't pick.
I think she'll be very happy with it...

AND speaking of your mum only reading your blog (or not reading it)is Funny...My kids seem to know when to read mine when I write about them!!!Guess we put off some super powers to their minds (or saying I hope they don't read this post) and they just know...

Anyway the tote's just great and I'd be happy with either(get the hint?????)

My Best~Marilyn

Anonymous said...

My vote goes for your Mum's bag...Bev's was cute but this is CLASSY!!!
She'll love it...and a belated, I love the pic of my quilt too!

Love,
Janer

WoolenSails said...

That is wonderful and I know your mom will love it.
I think a tote would be a good bag to start with.

Debbie

Erin @ Why Not Sew? Quilts said...

I want that! Would your mom mind terribly? Well she doesn't know about it yet, you could ship it my way!LOL! You rock, Jacque!

kks said...

wow! really nice!
i love it!
see you friday....
xoxo

Cathy G. said...

This bag is stunning! Wish I could find time to make some bags! Your Mum will absolutely LOVE it! My family doesn't read my blog either.....what's up with that? Cathy G

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

That's a great bag! Sounds like everyone wants one ~ you could sell them!! All in that color combo, of course!! I don't think my kids read mine either ~ someone from half way around the world will click on ~ but if my kids do, they don't mention it!!! They're busy and they've 'listened' to me ramble for years!!

Joanne said...

Okay I want one too - I'm a sugar for anything "bag"! Love these colors - they are so cool! You should sell them Jacque - they are wonderful and what a great way to use up those smaller pieces!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Very classy, indeed! I like the size, so make some to sell! I use my other bag you made for me EVERYDAY! It comes to work with me and most of the time it carries my lunch!
Love you, #4