Friday, May 14, 2010

Show & Tell...

I took 1 lap quilt, 2 snuggle quilts (the ones for Joyce's grandkids), 1 doll, 1 doll quilt, 1 tote bag and my placemats from Sylvie in France to work today.  I had told everyone what all I got done on my time off and they all wanted to see.  So.  I obliged.  Wanted some praise and adoration positive feedback...and got it!  Everyone was so nice.  You should know that there are a ton of people who walk through the medical records department, and I hang my quilts where they can be seen the moment anyone walks through the door.  It was nice to hear all the comments.  I may even get a few commissions out of today.  That would be sweet!

Here is Janer's quilt...all done...all soft and crinkly.


Then, on my way home, I stopped at the quilt shop to show off my stuff to the owner...who is the one who convinced me (soft sell) to do the BOM last year.  She was amazed at the quilts...and the quilting!  Proud of me, she was.  That made me feel very, very good...as she must see tons of quilts!

So.  It's Friday.  YAY!  The grandkids are coming tomorrow for an overnight.  In the meantime, I have things to do.

Have a great evening!

6 comments:

WoolenSails said...

You are too funny with your crossed off words, lol.
I take some of mine into our shops, usually the applique ones I do and they always say I should make patterns and they are so good and I know they are horrid, lol.

Debbie

Joanne said...

Good going Jacque - You deserve it - and yes hope you get some commissions out of it - it will help fuel the costs of the quilts for you! And you seem to absolutely love doing it - so go for it!

moosecraft said...

Praises and adorations being sent your way!!!!! Always love to see what your quilting! Janer's quilt is awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Janer's quilt looks fabulous!!!!
She will love it!
Joyce

Erin @ Why Not Sew? Quilts said...

I love this one Jacque, but I love all yuor quilts!♥ Erin

Anonymous said...

All these projects look wonderful but.......WHERE'S MINE AND MY WIFE'S QUILT?!?