Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sunday's Stuff...

I talked on the phone with my BFF Janer for 3 hours this afternoon.

And, I finished my nephew's wedding gift!  Here are the photos...

pillow cover 1...

pillow cover 2...

the backs look like this...

After I redid the one pillow top this morning, I decided that I wasn't going to quilt them...that not all things need to be quilted.  Right?  

So.  To cover the raw edges of the inside seams, I lined each pillow cover with a piece of muslin.  Then, I continued on as I normally would.  Made an envelope back (each half is a piece folded in half, so a double layer), and decided to round the corners.  I sewed around each cover twice, then trimmed the corners, zigzagged the edges (my serger isn't working), ironed them and they are done!  woohoo!  Size:  18" square...I am very happy with them.  I'll get them into the mail to Joyce in Alaska...she's getting the pillow forms to insert.

I got my slacks hemmed, too.  I may get another postage stamp quilt block done tonight.  (update:  YES!  I did...10 down, 6 to go!)  

There's still tomorrow to get more stuff done!

Have a good night.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pillow cases and like the rounded corners too!!
Do you want me to wrap also and are you sending a card to go with them?
Or do I just say 'hey, these are from aunt Jacque'???? LOL
Let me know.
Joyce

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Great pieces Jacque! You are just stitching up a storm, aren't you? Love seeing what you come up with :)

WoolenSails said...

The pillow cases came out really nice, beautiful finished look. I want to make some for my pillow, I use it for my back, so thought it would be fun to make nice ones to match my chair.

Debbie

moosecraft said...

Moving along pretty darn quickly! Those pillow covers finished up perfectly! They will certainly be appreciated!

Anonymous said...

The pillows turned out great, love the rounded corners, it adds alot of class!
Glad no one commented that we talked for 3 hours...lol...but then, they aren't aware how truly interesting both of us are, with so much to report/discuss/solve...aren't we lucky???
Love,
Janer