Saturday, May 22, 2010

Blogger's Quilt Festival

Well, I decided to jump on the bandwagon this time.  Hosted by Amy, of Amy's Creative Side, this is the third Blogger's Quilt Festival!  It is so much fun to visit all of the blogs to see everyone's entry and to read all the stories...and comments! 

Click on this button to find out more about the festival...

Besides, I like to show off.  Most of you have seen this quilt before...I blogged about it here.  I am rather proud of the work I did on this.  I made it for my sister, Julie.  Being relatively new to quilting, I had never done anything 'on point' or this large (81" square before washing/drying).  Quilting it was a challenge because of the size, but I think I did a pretty good job with my free-motion quilting.  Of all the quilts I have made, this one is different.  Special.  I think, perhaps, because it looks fancy.  I don't know.  Doesn't matter why.  I love it.   




Now, I need to go visit some of the blogs of those who have entered their quilts.  I'm so happy that this festival runs for a week!  There are a lot of blogs to visit!

16 comments:

Farm Girl said...

I am impressed if this is one of your early quits. I thought you had been quilting for years, your points are perfect. I love quilting and you inspire me to keep at it.

jane augenstein said...

Oh, Jacque, LOVE this quilt, the colors are gorgeous!!!

Farm Girl said...

I left my email address in your email that you have posted on your site. I hope it works.

Melissa C said...

Beautiful quilt. I am working on my first quilt on point right now. Not sure I like working with the setting triangles, but I love the look of them.

Cathy G. said...

It's a gorgeous quilt! Love the colors! Cathy G

Anonymous said...

I love this quilt too!! Julie

Rafael's Mum said...

What a lovely quilt and I know that matching those points is not easy! (I am struggling with one similar at the moment!)

Anonymous said...

I showed Alyssa the over the shoulder tote bag you made for Kaylynn I think, the pink color.
She now says she would like one in pink / purple / blue / black colors.
LOL
Let me know how much you will charge for one. She liked the other totes too but the shoulder strap one appealed to her to put her barbies in to keep away from Ashley. LOL
Joyce

Joanne said...

So beautiful! Fabrics are great and timeless!!♥

Joanne said...

So beautiful! Fabrics are great and timeless!!♥

Miri said...

Love your quilt...this is just my style!

Barb said...

great quilt -
I have a brown dog too - coco, she is 5 months, chocolate lab.

SewCalGal said...

Warm and cozy looking quilt. Love it.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

SewCalGal said...

Warm and cozy looking quilt. Love it.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

SandyS said...

My brown dog is an 85 lb. 3.5 year old Labradoodle! I'll bet your sister loves the quilt you made for her!

Eileen said...

i've not tried on point yet but it's always such a nice look--your colors and materials are lovely and the border looks great with them. thanks for sharing.