Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A Finish and a Third!

I finished my dqs9 quilt last night!
About 23" square.
I braved the mosquitoes so the photo 
could be taken outdoors this afternoon.
I think it was worth being swarmed...
the colors show nicer & are more true.
This afternoon, I made block 3 for Paul & Rachel's quilt.
Let me just say...there will be 25 of these blocks.
You may get very bored looking at them.
For sure, you will run out of adjectives!  
{grin}
  
That's all I have.



Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with all thy might. - Ecclesiastes 9:10

9 comments:

Farm Girl said...

The Dqs9 quilt is great! Is it on a black background? I have never thought of using black for a background but it looks wonderful, it really makes the other colors pop.
Very nice,
Are you not liking the other little quilt? Are they hard colors to work with?
It all looks good, I have missed your updates on what you have been up too,
Have a great evening.

WoolenSails said...

It does look nice outside. Mine always get washed out even without sun. Both wonderful pieces. I am still working on cleaning and did four loads of wool, but getting there.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

Love the finished quilt...great color combo!
Love,
Janer

jane augenstein said...

Wow, Jacque!!! Nice, nice, nice!!!
You are such a fabulous quilter!! :-)

moosecraft said...

The dqs9 quilt is stunning! Mosquito's really do suck all the fun out of summer, don't they? LOL! ;-)

Erin @ Why Not Sew? Quilts said...

I love the doll swap quilt and the block. I never use black, yours looks great, Jacque!

Anonymous said...

Yes, you were right! The dqs9 quilt colors are absolutely vibrant!!! I love that one.
Good luck on the 25 blocks for Paul and Rachel!!
Joyce

Dog Trot Farm said...

I am inspired!

JoJo said...

Wow, Jacque, it's gorgeous. Love the colors you used. How very, very pretty.