Sunday, August 15, 2010

1800's Vintage Quilt

It's midnight...but I wanted to post this before going to bed.

I just finished this little quilt top...measures ~20.75 inches square.  Each of those little squares measures 3/4".  There are 193 colored squares. 


The instructions for this 1800's Vintage Quilt can be found here, at the Moda Bake Shop.  A bunch of us over at the Small Quilt Talk Yahoo! group are working on this pattern.  I used all reproduction fabrics, shown here.  Plus, Kona cotton solid in 'snow'. This was a fun and easy little quilt to put together.
 
I had all the little 9 patch blocks put together and had the setting squares and rectangles cut out before today.  So, all I had to do tonight was piece all the little blocks together into bigger blocks and put it all together.  It needs a really good pressing, but I'm pretty happy with it.


Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with all thy might. - Ecclesiastes 9:10

6 comments:

Jandi said...

It looks fantastic! I can't believe all those tiny pieces!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Jacque ~
Oh, I do like this little quilt! So very sweet. Those are some tiny pieces!!!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

WoolenSails said...

That is a beautiful quilt and I do love the small blocks against the white.

Debbie

Joanne said...

You should be happy - it's a lot of work and on top of that - it's AWESOME!

Farm Girl said...

I would be happy with it too. I have been playing around in my head to make a nine patch quilt but it is still playing around in my head. It is gorgeous! I love the Kona cotton solid 'snow'

Good job!

Pokey said...

WOW... I cannot imagine working on that size! Very cool!