Saturday, July 31, 2010

Better to Give?

Remember when I said (back here) that I felt
it was better to receive than to give?
I think a few of you may have totally
believed that I meant that.
Well, and why not?
I kinda do feel that way.
BUT, hey.

Once in a while I do give something to someone.


And, now that she has finally arrived home and found her package,
I will share with you what I sent Joanne.


Joanne is a wonderfully kind and thoughtful person.
I've known her for several years, mostly through rug hooking groups.
We've been swap partners a few times...
and she sends stuff to me for Tag.
She loves the brown dog (well, who doesn't?).


Our first swap was in 2006...
here is the hooked rug she made for me.
(see, even way back then,
we were all enamored by the brown dog living here {grin})

And, here's what I hooked for her.
Apparently, she collects moose stuff.
And, back then, in my rug hooking business,
I was all about flying critters.


In 2007, she was my secret Santa.
Boy, what fun box of stuff she sent!
Even toys for the dogs.
By the way, Tag still drags around the
(now) headless moose ball with legs.


She has sent a few other small gifts through the years,
but her most recent one was the fabric
and tennis balls she sent to Tag E. Butt.
Tag now has this awesome quiltie
I made with the fabric...


Anyway.
I felt the need to send something her way.
I showed this before, here.
Joanne loves red,
so I thought this might be perfect for her.
She is, apparently, very happy with her surprise.
That makes me happy.


The moral of this story?
Sometimes, it IS better to give than to receive.



Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with all thy might. - Ecclesiastes 9:10

6 comments:

Farm Girl said...

She has sent you such great things. I knew you were joking. I love the one you sent your friend, it is nice.
I finally posted a picture of my first block. So you can see what a dunderhead I am when it comes to quilting, but hey, I always get back on the horse. :)
You are incredible giver, I have seen all of the many things you have given other people not to mention how you brighten my day by your lovely comments and your happy, cheerful self.
I hope you have a lovely Saturday.
I am going out now with a hula hoe to chop weeds until, it gets too hot my eyes cross. :)

Joanne said...

Ahhh jacque - you are so sweet! It's always amazing to me how online friends can become great friends without ever meeting! I love my Moose rug - it's on my night table where I see it everyday! Didn't realize it was way back in 2006 that first swap! You are good! LOL! Have a great weekend!

WoolenSails said...

I agree, Joanne sends wonderful surprise packages.
Which reminds me, I have some things that I have made and collected for her;) That is a beautiful piece and I am sure she will treasure it always.

Debbie

Rugs and Pugs said...

Jacque ~
You and Joanne are both very generous people. I just love both the hooked rugs! Your little red quilt is very sweet, too.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

BeFRuiTFuL KReaTioNS said...

What a fun story and thanks for sharing. It is fun to be on both ends of giving.

Brenis said...

Oh this turned out luscious!!! And you're right - it's PERFECT for Joanne!!! :D Yay!!