Friday, August 16, 2013

What Was I Thinking?

I've been remiss. I mentioned my big a** star rug in my previous post and it didn't occur to me that not all of you would know what I was talking about.  And that, even if you knew, you may want a reminder of how it looks.  Thank you for the gentle reminder, Lauren of Rugs and Pugs.

So, I give you...my big a** star rug aka Stars and Fans by Sally Kallin of Pine Island Primitives.
 
I bought this rug in 2008.  I last worked on it in September of 2010.  This rug measures 30 x 60...the star measures 21 inches across.  BIG.  I did the star in no time, but when it came time to do the background, I got stuck.  I may reverse hook what is done on at least part of the background. Someday.  When I finish this rug.       

Here is Sally's version.  She added a proddy edge...wide wool fringes.

Both of these rugs with their primitive colors are so much more dramatic in real life. 
 

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.". Jeremiah 29:11

7 comments:

Farm Girl said...

I think it is so pretty though. I can see why it is hard for you though. I think it would be awesome finished.
I have one more big a** rug that I need to finish and I have started and stopped so many times. Mainly because it is so big I hook and hook and never get anywhere. So I understand.
Have a great Friday!

Erin @ Why Not Sew? Quilts said...

I'm glad to finally see your rug. I've always been curious. I'm glad it's not a star shaped rug with a big a** on it. hahahehe!

moosecraft said...

Love it! Now get hookin' on it! lol! ;-)

WoolenSails said...

Yours is coming along nicely, don't give up. Love the proddy edge, nice idea for a finish.

Debbie

Dog Trot Farm said...

Hi Jacque, love the proddy edge on that big ole a** rug! Lovely colors too! Believe me when I say there are not enough hours in the day to accomplish everything you want to do, retirement, what is retirement? Have a lovely evening, hugs from Maine, Julie.

Kim said...

It's beautiful. Get that hook out again!

Dana - Old Red Barn Co. said...

oh man! that's gonna be gorgeous!