Friday, August 30, 2013

Started...and Finished!


Two weeks ago, Rachel of ps i quilt fame shared with her readers that a project she designed was in the 'Quilts and More' quilt magazine.  A thread catcher!  Dang cute, it is!  Go here to see that post.   She also supplies a direct link should you desire to download the pattern.

I did download the pattern.  And, today...I made one!  Took less than an hour from start to finish. 

Just so you know, I made a mistake when cutting my fabrics.  The light floral that is at the bottom of the thread catcher is supposed to be the body and the dotted fabric is supposed to be at the bottom.  ~sigh~  I caught my mistake right away, but didn't want to cut up more fabric.  Because, of course, it is for me and it doesn't really matter.  Too much, anyway.  

(FYI...had I been making this for someone, I would have cut more fabric so that it looked the way I had planned it to in the first place!!)   

At any rate, here it is...
The finished size is approximately 7 x 3 x 3 inches.  The perfect size to sit next to Naomi Janome!  And, the perfect size to catch all my threads!

Thank you, Rachel!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.". Jeremiah 29:11

6 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I have a thread catcher, it is called the floor, lol.
You did a beautiful job and nice fabric choices.

Debbie

woollylottrugs said...

Love that Jacque!! Beautiful!!

Pokey said...

How nice to have a start and a finish in the same post! Remember, nobody knew that it didn't turn out as planned, I think it's a happy plan, all those pokeydots showin' ~
:-}pokey

Lindy said...

Wonderful! thanks for the comment on that rug...slow but sure

Farm Girl said...

that is so cute. I need one of those things too, I make such a mess with my threads. It looks great!

moosecraft said...

Great! See? You did more than you think you did this week! :-)

I lost count... how many books were added?