Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Plan...



Is that the 4 J's (that's me and my 3 sisters) retire and end up together in Colorado.  


I was originally planning to retire early and move out there with Jill and her guy, Tim.  But, thinking about leaving the grandchildren and me Mum was making me too sad, so I opted to stay here.  For now.  

I have a good and close relationship with each of my sisters.  Jill and I are a lot alike, though...we share similar personality traits.  We talk on the phone several times a week...and though we don't visit each other often, being only a few hours apart has always made it possible to travel to see each other if we wanted or needed to.  When she moves in 47 days, that will no longer be possible.  Oh, we'll continue to talk on the phone (almost) daily...and they'll come to visit once a year, but it just won't be the same.  Knowing that she's not a few hours away up the road.  Ya know?  

We had a great time together this weekend.  We ate a LOT.  Too much.  Did a bit of shopping.  I opened a few early birthday gifts.  We watched a movie.  I didn't take any photos.  Not sure why.  She left a bit ago.  I know we'll talk many times before she actually moves, but this is the last time I'll see her.

Julie is already out there in Colorado, though she is about 4 hours from where Jill & Tim will live.  

I am very happy for Jill...but very sad for myself.

11 comments:

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Isn't change hard? No matter how much we plan for it, understand it, worry about it, or accept it, it's still hard. I think it's great that you have good relationships with your sisters. Just remember, the changes will adapt to both of you. You'll figure out new ways to be connected. I'm glad you had such a good visit this weekend!
Courtney

Farm Girl said...

That is such a sweet picture and what a cute, cute bunch of girls. I bet you are sad, I would be too. But, you just never know what God will do. He is always full of surprises.

I am sending a hug, O

Love you my friend,
Kim

moosecraft said...

Awww... sounds like you had a perfect weekend! You're very lucky to have such a close and loving family! One never knows what the future holds... :-)

Rugs and Pugs said...

Jacque ~
I am so envious of the relationship you have with your sisters. You are so lucky!!! I'm sure you will miss her, but look at the bright side ~ a new vacation destination.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Kim said...

That photo is wonderful. I am an only child so I am a little envious of sisters. It is sad she is moving so far away but with phone calls and skype you can still feel like she is just up the road.

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Ahhhh just love the photo. I know you'll miss your sis being so close by. Maybe you can schedule a few trips to visit and thank goodness that you will have email and phone calls.

WoolenSails said...

What a wonderful photo of all of you.
Glad that you could spend some time together before the move.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys had some time together. No pictures???
:(
Joyce

Anonymous said...

And what movie did you guys decide on? joyce

Dog Trot Farm said...

How wonderful to have three sisters and what a great photo of the four of you. Change is hard but somehow we always seem to muttle through. Hang tough, sending blessing your way, Julie

Anonymous said...

What a precious picture of you and your sisters! Wow!