Sunday, February 27, 2011

Just Cuz...

Two boxes came in the mail yesterday.

One was from Connecting Threads.
I love their thread!
Naomi Janome doesn't love it quite as much as I do.
She loves it for straight-line quilting,
but not for free-motion quilting.
She gets all tense.

haha...I made a funny!
(The tension needs to be adjusted when I use this thread...
hench, she gets all tense...and, now I am a poet!  ha!)

So, I use it for piecing and straight-line quilting.
It comes in every color imaginable.

The other box was from my sister, Joyce.
She sent me this...

 Are you familiar with this book?
It's the Bible
arranged in 365 daily readings...
a portion from the Old Testament,
the New Testament, Psalms & Proverbs.
I had asked for it for my birthday.
But, this is not for my birthday.
I  had already received a gift from Joyce.
She sent it to me...
'just cuz'.
Oh, how I love my sister...
She is so good to me!

And, for Kaylynn, she sent a bracelet...
What a nice great-aunt she is!
Thank you, Joyce!


Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with all thy might. - Ecclesiastes 9:10

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you both liked your little surprises. You forgot to mention the little skin care samplers. Enjoy!!
Love. Joyce

Farm Girl said...

So glad you had such a nice time. I liked your joke about your machine being tense. Your grand daughter is so lovely.
I am so happy you had a nice weekend.

kks said...

what a nice gift! even i would enjoy a book like that..:)
xoxo

moosecraft said...

A little bit each day... I think more people would read the Bible if it was made that easy! Great idea! What a great smile little Kaylynn has!