Friday, July 3, 2009

Swapping...

is great fun! I think it could get addicting very fast!!! Especially when one has the most awesome swap partner!!!

Erin participated in the quiltalong I've been talking about. She admired my work and I admired her work...mutual admiration society thing going on here. We're two awesome gals, let me tell you! She made 2 mini quilts about the same time as I made my two minis and I LOVE her work! We decided to do a mini quilt swap...just the two of us. Well. I am in the process of working on her mini...but she is much faster than I am...got a package from her yesterday.

Here's the awesome mini she made for me...very prim. This mini quilt measures 18 inches square...from top to bottom/left to right, the squares are: crow, jacob's ladder block, bee skep, spools block, log cabin block, churn dash block, star, star block and willow tree. How fun is that! PERFECT!!!

AND, as if that wasn't enough, she sent 4 pieces of fabric (check out those dog faces...aren't they fun???....and how about that bones fabric??), a 'friend's plate, 'laugh' tag, tin star, candy (all gone now...and delicious!), and the little wooden sheepie with star (naughty boy tag wanted that star, for some reason...bad puppy!). WOW! I LOVE LOVE LOVE everything...perfect gifts!!! Totally awesome and I am in love with my mini from Erin!!!



Thank you so very much, Erin! Hope you feel the same about your mini that I am still working on!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow you got a lot of stuff!!! Joyce

dexmangoldens said...

wow, cool stuff!! Nice material too. Tell Tag to behave. He has enough stuff.

WoolenSails said...

What a wonderful quilt and she did it in different styles, really beautiful work.

Have a Happy Fourth.

Debbie