Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A Special Request...

I'm wondering if you all would say a prayer or two for me Mum's husband.
His name is Ray and he's having cardiac surgery tomorrow (Wednesday).
He has a very bad aortic valve that needs to be replaced.
The success rate is approximately 80 percent, but he's more at risk
because of his battle with stomach cancer...and the resulting surgery last year.
No more stomach. Chemo. Radiation.
The fact that he isn't where he should be at this time.
He is well below normal weight for a man his height, and
just not where the doctors wanted him to be
before they went ahead with this surgery.
And, to top it all off, one of his carotid arteries is 80% blocked.
That, of course, only increases his risks.

Could you add a little p.s. for me Mum, too?
She has Parkinson's Disease,
so all of the stress in the last 18 months
has definitely taken its toll on her, as well.
I need to be with her...
to make this as easy for her as I can...
to be there for her.

I'll be driving up to Eau Claire tomorrow morning
and should arrive while Ray is still in surgery.
If all goes as planned, I'll be home on Saturday.

edited to add: I just found out that the surgery is rescheduled to be done on Friday.
Kinda messes up my plans, but I'll still be there.
Just different days.
Prayers ahead of time can't hurt, though.

9 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Jacque,
I will have all of you in my prayers. My dad had parkinsons too.
It is great that you can be with your mom, drive safely.

Debbie

jane augenstein said...

Jacque, my prayers are with you and your family at this time and sending good thoughts your way. You be careful as you drive to your destination!!
blessings to you,
Jane

Erin @ Why Not Sew? Quilts said...

hey jacque-
sorry to hear about all of this. your mom and her husband will be in my prayers as well as you! be safe traveling. talk with you soon!
erin

kks said...

you have my prayers....
xo

Rugs and Pugs said...

Jacque,
Prayers coming your way. It is so sad to see parents age.
Drive safely.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Lindy said...

Done!

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Absolutely! Prayers will be said for you all. Hoping you are the peace that your mum needs during all of this.

kelley said...

Adding my prayers too...having you with her will be a comfort to your Mom...

JoJo said...

Of course, Jacque!! Many prayers will be offered for your Mom's husband and for your mother also. Surgery is no fun under the best of circumstances and it sounds like Ray has encountered a bunch of speed bumps for the past year or so. I'm glad you're able to be there for your mother. Gently hold her hand and whisper to her that many prayers are being offered to God on Ray's behalf and hers too.