Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Doodles

Here's how my fireplace looks right now. I am loving the things I have there.
(edited to add: moved JOY to the other side of the rusty star and it all looks more balanced now.)

The rusty star from Joanne sits perfectly on the flue knob (whatever it's called), and the JOY wooden sign thing is from Bren (I think she said she gave it to me cuz I bring her so much joy...something like that anyway...~grin~). I'll probably move JOY somewhere else, but for now, I like it where it is.

4 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Jacque,
What inspirational things to look at, while you sit by the fire.
Definitely a place for relaxing and reflection.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

That looks really very nice and homey.
Joyce

dexmangoldens said...

It looks nice. I think it is called a flue knob. What else would they call it?? Opener/closer....

JoJo said...

I love your fireplace vignette. What a darling and restful place to sit and contemplate serious thoughts. When we were house shopping so many years ago, a fireplace was on my list of "must have's" but unfortunately, we didn't get one. I still talk about having a wood stove put in but we'll have to wait and see.