Saturday, July 26, 2008

A Journey...Part 3

Not so many personal rugs hooked in 2004...and all of these were finished in the latter half of the year. I must have been pretty busy hooking for my business. Anyway, here goes...

This is one of my absolute favorites, "Antique Dog in Window", a kit by The Rughooking Store. Jen reversed the colors for me...was a light dog with dark background, but I HAD to have a brown dog cuz...well, you know. Measures 16 x 28 inches and is hooked in #8 cut wool strips. This hangs in my living room.

This is a stair riser by Wendy Miller...6 x 25 inches, I think. Made if for my BFF, Janer. Took it to work to show it off and sold it, so had to hook another one! Made a good deal, though!

This is also for my BFF, Janer. In fact, the pattern is called "Flowers for Jane". She wanted something to lay on a bench...and loves pink! Measures 12 x 30 inches and is hooked in #8 cut wool strips.


This is a pattern from The Rughooking Store...yes, it was drawn crooked like that. I gave this to my DIL for their new kitchen. No idea what the measurements are...perhaps 12 x 17 or something like that. Again, #8 cut wool strips.

2005...still hooking some for my business, but did get quite a bit of personal hooking accomplished this year. I think that's the year my hooking changed a bit. For one thing, I began hooking with #8.5 cut!
This was hooked for Julie, my sister who loves Golden Retrievers. Hooked in #5 & #8 cut wool strips and I don't know the measurements, but something like 16 X 33 inches, I think. This is one of my faves.


I designed 'Woof & Meow' for my new baby Granddaughter, Kaylynn Marie. I had never hooked with pastels...and I even did a hit n miss border on this one! It measures 16 x 34 inches, and I hooked it in either #8 or #8.5 cut wool strips.

'Wool Gatherer' by Wendy Miller...I had a great time hooking this rug in #8.5 cut wool strips...I LOVE this rug. Measures 23 1/2 x 29 inches.

I had hooked this rug for a challenge, but then realized that I had done something (can't remember what, now) that wasn't part of the challenge, so sold it to a Wool Snippets hooker. It measures 6 x 18 inches and was hooked in #6 cut wool strips. My first attempt at dip-dyeing (is that what it's called?), and I think it turned out really well.


'River Rocks' by Searsport Rugs...their model was done in pastels and when I looked at it, I saw it just as I hooked it...3 values of green with black rocks. This hangs in my bedroom. It took me about 40 hours to hook...it was done in a week. I loved working on it!!! #8.5 cut wool strips, of course.

This 12" pear chairpad was hooked for my sister, Jill. This is the first time, I believe, that I was truly captivated by a texture! The background wool is a green, black and cranberry (or something like that) and hooks up just DARK! Love it!

Okay, I need a break.

No comments: