Friday, August 4, 2017

The One When the 5 Day Project Fell Apart...


Yeah.  So I am working along and making great progress on my in-between project (also known as #5dayproject)....and have just the borders to do.  I find that I am one piece 5 1/2 inches x WOF short.  ohno!  Well, I figured, no problem, I got that fabric here at my LQS...I will just run over and get what I need.  

Well.  Seems as if that particular Grunge fabric was discontinued.  OHNO!  What now?  I actually can check at another fabric store (but not until next week) in nearby Pueblo.  And, I do have enough small pieces to piece the border.  Definitely not my first choice, though.  For now, I have set it all aside and will wait until I see if the other store has it...then will do whatever I need to do to finish this quilt top.  Here it is thus far...

In the meantime, I am working on Christmas gifts.  Since I will be seeing most of these people on my vacation, I thought it would work out nicely to take their gifts with me.  So.  Working my fingers to the bones.  

And, I am making lists and getting everything ready to go on vacation.  I am so looking forward to it!!!

I plan to take along some knitting...just in case I have some downtime (ya never know!)...or for in the car on the way to/from Wisconsin.  I should be able to knit face cloths while riding in the car.  You know, with all the bags/zipper pouches I have, none of them has ever been designated as a 'knitting project bag'.  So.  I made a special one to put my knitting supplies in for the trip.
This zipper pouch measures 11x6x2.5 inches...enough room for everything I need...needles (I use the short ones), darning needle, 2 skeins of Cotlin yarn (50 grams each), crochet hook, ruler, and scissors.  I lined it with canvas to make it a bit sturdier and I am very happy with it.  

I'll be back next week to let you know what I find at the other LQS.  In the meantime, have a great weekend!




"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.". Jeremiah 29:11

1 comment:

moosecraft said...

Love that pineapple quilt! :-)