Sunday, July 30, 2017

The One In-Between ...

I am taking a break and playing with my new-to-me laptop.  Son Paul sent it to me in April and I haven't taken much time to get to know it...or to move everything over from my other laptop.  The keyboard is different, so I am getting used to the new spacing.  Lots of corrections in the meantime.  

So.  What's new around here?  Well, I have been sewing.  Big surprise, hey?  

A
friend of sister Joyce saw her black and white tote bag (that I made), and asked if I would make one for her.  Okay.  I like these easy requests.  

I am very happy with the way it turned out...




And, I made a few matching Kleenex cozies to send along with it...


I'm not sure how easily you can see...there are 5 quilt pallets here (1 large one for a dog and 4 smaller ones for cats)...all set to be donated to the animal shelter.

Here's a better photo of 3 of those shown above...the top two and the bottom one.  

Last week, I finished what I had planned to do for the month of July, so I looked for an in-between project.  In-between then and August 1st, which is when I am going to begin making Christmas presents. (I am going to Wisconsin on vacation - more on that later - and want to take what I get done with me.)  So.  I didn't have to look very far to find something to do.

I am going to make a lap quilt with pineapple blocks.  You know, real pineapples.  Like this one I made for Jill last year...
 

So far, I have 12 done...only 6 more to go!  I have had all of the fabric here since shortly after I made the pineapple block for Jill...so all I needed to do was get started.  It is easy and fun and I am enjoying working on it.

Yes.  Vacation.  I will be in Wisconsin from August 30-September 9.  I am so looking forward to spending time with family and friends.  It has been almost 2 years since I have seen any of them!  I am planning on having a great time!


And...just want to say.  I love my other pineapple quilt...the one I last posted about.  Makes me smile...and sleep!



Okay.  Back to sewing...need to get that in-between project done.

Have a great week!



"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.". Jeremiah 29:11

2 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Bless you for donating to the animal shelter!!!
Has it really been almost 2 years since you've moved? How time flies. I can't believe it is almost August!
Happy sewing :)
Lauren

WoolenSails said...

Love your tote, I really need to try some and large ones are what I need. The quilts are a wonderful thing to donate, I do have lots of extra fabric, good idea for those. Have a wonderful time one your vacation.

Debbie