Monday, September 19, 2016

Snow Days...Closer and Closer!

Still moving along on my Snow Days quilt.  I finished the center section last night!!! I did a happy dance...believe it!!   ~grin~

Here is the center section...

It measures 36 1/2 inches square and was made in 5 sections.   There are 46 elements to this center section...Squares, HSTs, Flying Geese, Churn Dash blocks, Cut the Corner blocks (33 pieces to each of these blocks), Martha Washington Star blocks (28 pieces to each of these blocks) and Pinwheels.  I am in the process of sewing the borders on, but had to stop because there was a bit more stitching (backstitching - as in embroidery/stitchery - that is) to do. A tree that was on the outside edge of the bottom border extends onto the inside edge of the right border.  You will see what I mean when I post the finished quilt top photo.  

I can see the finish line!!!




"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.". Jeremiah 29:11

3 comments:

kelley said...

fabulous! all those little pieces...I can see why you waited until you were in the mood...

Rugs and Pugs said...

WOW! Beautiful. Looking forward to the finish.
Hus :)
Lauren

moosecraft said...

Whoops! Forgot about those extended embroidery areas! lol! Looking awesome, Jacque!