Monday, July 13, 2015

Thank You All!!!

Thank you so very much for your outpouring of well-wishes for the brown boy.  Tag may not understand every word of your comments (though he does have a huge vocabulary), but he hears and responds to the emotion in my voice.  I appreciate every single word you took the time to write.

At this point, nothing has changed with Tag...so there is nothing new to report.  I will update as necessary to keep you abreast of this situation.

I started a journal to track this time with Tag.  Just a place to write random thoughts I have each day.  Not sure what I will ever do with it, but...

I also started a one-a-day photo journal.  That is over on Instagram...#TagEButt.

Just ways to help me get through this, I guess.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

Needless to say, my focus and concentration are at an all time low. More precisely, I guess, is that I have almost none.  The ability to concentrate on any one thing for more than a millisecond has flown out the window.  But, I tell myself that this is okay...that it is temporary.  The result, though, is that I made some changes to the projects I had lined up.  Some of them are put off and some of them are scrapped altogether.  There are some that will be completed, of course...going along with no sewing would be another kind of ordeal, methinks.  Pillow covers, tissue kleenex cozies, hand sewing...things like that which take little thought will be what will keep my hands busy.

On that note, I have a few things to show...
5x6 inch zippy pouches
kleenex cozies for me to give away

another pillow cover with zipper to match Paul and Rachel's quilt

Donna, from over at Brynwood Needleworks organized a charitable project to create and donate dresses to Dress A Girl Around the World .  Here are the two I made...

They are both size 1/2 and were very simple to make.  I had planned to make more, but these two are all I am doing for now.  

I think that's all I have for this morning.  Hope this day is good for you.

   


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.". Jeremiah 29:11

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes sister, keep those hands busy. The journal sounds like a good idea and I love the zipper pouches/purses. Joyce

Farm Girl said...

Good Morning Jacque,
I am so sorry about Tag. I will be praying for you and him during this time. Of all the things I have gone through in my life, loosing my dogs has been the most traumatic.
I think that it is wonderful that you were able to make so many things this weekend. I never can do anything creative when things like that happen. I pray that he is not in pain.
Blessing to you.

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Hi Jacque:
The little dresses are adorable! Thank you for taking the time to make them.

I never kept a journal (although now, that's exactly what I consider my blog), but I did write my thoughts on paper when each of our dogs passed over the years. The words reflect my joy at having had them for even a short while in our lives, and my deep sorrow at their passing. I still smile and cry whenever I go back and read them.

Grief is a long process...actually one you're already starting to experience...and no one can say how long is "long enough". Fezzik has been gone four years already, and if I stop to reflect on his short life, I'll cry like a baby all over again. Likewise with my Bannor, who has been gone for eleven years. I've come to realize that I'll miss them forever...or until God decides it's time for me to join them. I know it will be a joyful reunion, indeed.

I suspect that this will bring tears to your eyes. I know it has mine. I didn't mean for that to be the case, but I want to let you that, while your grief is uniquely your own, there are many who understand and walk this walk (again) with you.

Love always,
Donna