Tuesday, June 10, 2014

My Summer Bed...

I am so happy!  I finally got everything done and clean and in place and here it is...my summer bed!

It's not really a summer bed in terms of lightweight covers or only linen sheets (which would be my first choice, would my budget allow), but a summer bed in terms of colors and freshness!  

So, here's what I did...I bought a coverlet.  An ivory quilted coverlet.  It was on clearance and then I got more off at the register, so I definitely could not have made one for less than what I paid.  Since I don't like things tucked in, that is all there is.  Mattress pad, fitted bottom sheet, coverlet.  And, then my Sunkissed quilt.  Though not large enough to be any sort of cover for the bed (and that's why I needed the coverlet), I did find a satisfactory way to place it on the bed.  To add color and the summer feel, you know.  I have 2 standard bed pillows, one king pillow with a linen pillowcase, and a small throw pillow for color.


Here are the photos...
almost don't need a bedskirt, but I do like it.

it is not striped, but all the same ivory.
addition of Sunkissed quilt.

addition of Tag's quilt.

perhaps this side is less girly for the boy.

this is what I see when I walk past my bedroom doorway.  makes me smile.





"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.". Jeremiah 29:11

6 comments:

moosecraft said...

Nice and cheery! :-)

Miccosukee said...

Jacque,
Tag's quilt is so cute as is your new summer bed. But how do you get him to stay on it at night? All of my dogs to date, get too much fun out of pawing their blankets or their loose bedding into the shape they prefer. That usually means their bedding ends up in heaps and most of their body ends up on my bedding. I love the colors of your summer quilt.

trisha

WoolenSails said...

It looks great, nice clean look with a touch of color.

Debbie

kelley said...

love, love, love it...nice and cheerful for summer...and many thanks for the tissue holders...mom picked out the bird one first thing! now we're working on getting her to use the tissues from them...

Farm Girl said...

It makes me smile too. It looks so pretty and summery. I do love the color of that quilt.
It is such happy colors.

woollylottrugs said...

I love Tag's spot on the bed and his very own quilt!!! What fun!!!