Saturday, May 10, 2014

More on Scraps...

I finished playing with my scraps.  I was surprised at how many pieces I cut from the scraps in one 16 quart enamel pot. 

Here it all is in 3 plastic containers that measure 6x12x3.5...

I cut 2.5, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 inch squares as well as 1.5, 2.5 and 3+ inch strips.  I wasn't going to cut that many sizes of squares, but that's just how it worked out.  I sat for no more than an hour at a time and got it done in a few days.  I am happy!  

I found some Lotta Jansdotter scraps, so I had to put them together today...

It will eventually be a pillow cover (18") to go with this quilt...
  
This quilt being just one of several that I need to get quilted. 

I have a few boxes to go through - none sewing/quilting stuff - and then my bedroom will be ready for spring cleaning and makeover!  (yeah, it was supposed to happen today, but my helper forgot.  ~sigh~)

Major car repair happening on Monday and then all will be right with my little world.

 Happy Mother's Day to you!



"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.". Jeremiah 29:11

1 comment:

WoolenSails said...

I did the same thing this week, today I finished. Mine were a mess so I had to iron them all and I filled about 7 plastic containers, lol. I was thinking one set you might light, they are all precuts and modern reds and greens. I got them years ago from ebay and just not my style.

Debbie