Thursday, March 20, 2014

Dandelion Girl aka Me Mum's Quilt...

Today is the first day of Spring...YAY!  We are having seasonal weather, even!  Makes me feel good to know that warmer days are coming.  After this long, cold winter, I will do my best not to complain about the heat of Summer.  It's easier for me to be too warm than to be cold.  Plus, it's difficult to take the brown boy for walks when it's so cold and the sidewalks are icy.  Ya know?

I've been working on me Mum's quilt.  You know, the one I had difficulty deciding what pattern to follow?  I finally got it all figured out and started cutting fabric a few weekends ago.  


Here's one of the sections...

I am half done with the main part of the quilt.  And, I am liking how those first seven sections are looking.  I am placing the vertical strips differently, so the squares are not always next to the same other squares.  I will be adding borders, though I haven't yet decided what kind of borders...all I know is that to get it to the size I want, I need at least two borders.  The finished quilt will be about 80 x 95...like a bedspread for me Mum's twin bed...almost to the floor rather than like a comforter with a bedskirt.  I cannot imagine pulling all of that around on my Naomi Janome, so it is going to be professionally quilted.  I guess I should start looking for a local longarm quilter, hey? 



"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.". Jeremiah 29:11

5 comments:

Pokey said...

Hi, Jacque! There's nothing like a checkerboard to make a lovely, comfy quilt. Mum will love it ~
:-}pokey

kks said...

lovely! your mum will love it!
xoxo

moosecraft said...

A very Happy Spring to you!!! I'm waiting for the weather to notice the calendar though... lol! So, I've been stitching flowers! Yes, remind me of Winter when I even peep about the heat in the Summer, K? ;-) Lovely looking quilt for your Mum! She is going to love it!

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Lookin' good, Jacque! Your mum is gonna love it to bits. :-)
xo
Donna

Farm Girl said...

It looks fantastic. I love those colors, I bet your Mom will love that very much.
Yay!! for spring!