Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Breaktime!

I took a break from sewing Christmas gifts
and made something for myself.

No, I didn't start that quilt.
I made something for myself.
My. Self.

I made these...

Pattern weights.

12 of them.

Why pattern weights, you ask?

Well, let me just tell you about that...

Once upon a time,
I did a lot of sewing for my family.
The only part of sewing that I did not like
was the process of laying everything out,
pinning the pattern pieces to the fabric,
and cutting it all out.
Pinning took forever
and I cannot even tell you
how many times I stuck myself!

Being the wonderful Mom that she is, 
me Mum usually did that part for me.  (thank you!)

Once again, I am sewing garments
(and doll clothes).
Because me Mum is no longer able to help me,
I am the one stuck with that job.
And, yes...getting stuck.
  
So, when I ran across an article about pattern weights,
I immediately knew they were the answer
to the question that I didn't even know I was asking!

 Seriously!

 Using these weights is going to save me so much time!
I won't be sticking myself with pins, either!
(I do very little pinning when
sewing and piecing quilts.)


There are many ways to make pattern weights...
all less expensive than buying them.
Here are a few links to the different ones, 
including the one I used.
Click here and here and here.



 Okay, back to the sewing machine...
I have a few aprons waiting to be finished.





"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.". Jeremiah 29:11

2 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I like that idea and a nice way to hold things done without pins.

Debbie

Createology said...

Pattern weights are very smart and time saving. They also work well to hold book/recipe pages open. Yours turned out really great. Stitching Bliss...