Monday, December 23, 2013

All Done!!!

YAY!!
I am all done with sewing Christmas gifts.
I feel very good about everything I made.  
And, I made all gifts except
the 2 gift cards I bought for my grandsons.

I never did get around to making
any hot pads/potholders, though.
I guess I can work on them at my leisure
and give them as gifts throughout the year...
or save them for next Christmas!  

Here are the last of the napkins...





Here is a photo of some of what I made.
When I took this photo, I had already mailed
out some gifts, and was not finished making others. 

Here are the stats:

97 napkins
6 aprons
22 kleenex cozies
1 zippered pouch
1 sweatshirt jacket

All fabric used came from my stash
except for 1.5 yards for napkins
and 1/2 yard for sweatshirt jacket facings.

I used 24 yards of fabric for napkins, 
4 yards for aprons and
mostly scraps for kleenex cozies.
I generated a few more scraps
for myself in the process.

That is a lot of fabric!

And, truth be told...not all of the napkins
are going out as Christmas gifts.
I may have overdone it a bit.
Or not.

I was just so happy sewing
and listening to music
that I made napkins out of any fabric
that I either had no immediate use for,
or just plain thought
would make great napkins!

Truth be told,
there are some sets that
I am going to keep for myself!

How's that!?!

And, what this means...
is that I have the next week
to do whatever I want!
Like, finish one quilt top
and start another!

I need to find a way to baste some quilts...
don't want to move all those flimsies with me.

Thank you, God,
for giving me the ability
(and fabric!) to do this.
Amen.



"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.". Jeremiah 29:11

1 comment:

WoolenSails said...

You really have made a lot of gifts and wonderful pieces, now time for us to relax and make some things for ourselves;)

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

Debbie