Saturday, October 12, 2013

Strawberry Pincushion Swap!

I received my strawberry pincushion swap package today...from Australia!  It's always so much fun to receive packages from overseas.  Just wait til you see what was in it!

Candy corn strawberry pincushion, anyone?  Or, how about a precious flowered strawberry pincushion?  Check out the Cadbury candy wrapped in paper with pictures of animals indigenous to Australia.  Strawberry Fields Tic Tac, anyone...or, would you prefer to chew some Seriously Strawberry Hubba Bubba gum? 

And, that's not all...a piece of linen with pink dots and strawberries that I need to do something special with very soon!  I seriously love that!  And, those wooden buttons...a koala bear and a kangeroo that are fabulously cute!

This was a great swap.  Short and sweet!  I am very happy that I participated!  A big thank you goes out to Erin of Why Not Sew? blog for organizing this swap.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On another note...we have a 4-legged guest this weekend.  My sister, Julie, and me Mum are here in Madison for a wedding.  So, Ellie (Julie's dog) is staying with us.  Ellie and Tag lived together for a few months last year, so it's nothing new and exciting for either one of them.  Actually, they pretty much ignore each other.  Here they are...very reluctantly posing for a photograph together...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had a great idea the other day.  Why, oh why does that happen when I already have a bazillion things going on?  Since I am not doing anything else today (I'm nursing a bit of a headache - one that whispers it could be a migraine) I thought I would see what I could do with the idea.  All I will say is that it involves stitching, linen and gold floss. 

Hope you are having a great weekend!


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.". Jeremiah 29:11

8 comments:

Farm Girl said...

I am having a bit of one today too.
I hope you feel better. I hope you enjoy your company,

kks said...

such a fun surprise from Australia!! cute pic of the hounds! hope your head is better.
call me in the morning.
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Probly good then I forgot to call to tell you to call if you had a headache...that photo looks like they are best buds...lol...oh well...call when you feel up to it!
Love,
Janer

WoolenSails said...

That is a fun swap and wonderful goodies.

Debbie

moosecraft said...

Great goodies from your swap partner! The strawberry tic tacs sound yummy! :-) Tag and Ellie look so cute together! ;-) I hope your headache eases soon...

Dog Trot Farm said...

What a great swap Jacque...all the way from Australia no less...Hope you got on top of that headache before it blew into a full blown migraine, I feel your pain girlfriend...Is Tag feeling better? I hope so...Have a good evening...Julie

Anonymous said...

Beautiful thing from Australia...

Erin @ Why Not Sew? Quilts said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the swap, Jacque!