Sunday, April 7, 2013

The Color Blue...

Years and years ago,
me Mum was giving me something...
what was it?
Don't remember...
just remember that I kept saying,
"But, I don't like ba-loo!!"

Don't get me wrong.
I don't hate it.
It can be lovely.
I just don't rate it my favorite color.

However.
My Aunt Bev loves blue and so...
remember the blue floss and
the ivory linen I showed on Friday?
Here's what is going on with that...

I am almost done with the running stitch,
then I need to hand-stitch the hem on all 4 sides...
about 15 feet worth of stitching.
When finished, it will be a scarf...
pattern from The Purl Bee.

I've had a fairly lazy weekend...
mostly watched episodes of 
"Burn Notice" on streaming Netflix
and worked on the scarf.
Talked on the phone.
Went grocery shopping.
Nothing exciting, but then...
when is it ever exciting here?
~grin~

The snow is almost all melted and gone.
Today, the sun is shining brightly.  

Perhaps Spring will come, after all.

Have a great work week!  



"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.". Jeremiah 29:11

5 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I used to use blue in my house and then hated it and haven't used it since. Now I am finding I like it again, but with tans and prim shades, but only so much, lol.

Debbie

moosecraft said...

Looking good! I'm not a big fan of ba-loo neither... maybe light ba-loo with beige... but that's enough... lol!

Farm Girl said...

It looks very nice. I love Burn Notice. I am glad you had such a nice weekend.
I am looking forward to those again in...June. :)

Anonymous said...

I remember what it was that you got........ a pair of blue knitting needles!! I know, cuz I got gold or green and you made me trade with you!!
Love, Jill

Unknown said...

I am not a bloo person either although love the colour when I see it. Cute writings.