Saturday, April 27, 2013

That's My Son!

A few weekends ago, my work supervisor, Lisa phoned me...she had sent a photo via email with the caption, "you won't believe this". 

This is the photo...Lisa in an ambulance with my son, Matthew, sitting next to her.


When I saw the photo, I said, "huh?" and wondered if they had ended up together on some sort of a training exercise (him being a paramedic and her being in EMS school).  

But, no....Lisa is the patient and Matthew is, well, the paramedic. 

Here's the story:  Lisa had slipped on her wet kitchen floor (that her husband had just mopped...what a nice guy!) and injured her knee.  She went to the clinic in her town, which is about 20 minutes from here.  There was a concern, so she was sent to Madison for a CT scan.  And, because of a health issue, transport by ambulance was suggested.  They called the ambulance company in her town and wouldn't you know...my son, Matthew happened to be working at that station that day.  When he walked in, Lisa (who had never met him but knew about him) immediately recognized him as my son.  Said he looks like me.  huh?  Anyway. 

Just look at my son...all professional.  

I am a proud mama!  





"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.". Jeremiah 29:11

5 comments:

Farm Girl said...

What a neat story. You have a very handsome son too.
I am so glad you found out like that.
I would be so proud too.

Unknown said...

Small world. One never realizes how small till you blog about something like this.
A lady I met in Florida, had on a Notre Dame shirt. I mentioned that our neighbour's daughter was going there as a first year student. The lady said her granddaughter was also first year. I emailed the girl I knew, she replied with a photo of the lady's granddaughter who is her dorm mate. Small world indeed.

WoolenSails said...

That is a such a fun story and definitely a son to be proud of.

Debbie

kks said...

love it!
xoxo

moosecraft said...

Looks like Lisa will be well taken care of! :-)