Sunday, July 8, 2012

Wonky Stars Revisited...


With thoughts of finishing quilts in my head lately (see this post) I decided to go through my stuff and make a list of quilts started and not anywhere close to being finished.  Works.  In.  Progress.  There's a list (that is not complete, by the way) on my sidebar, which I guess I've been ignoring.  Oh. My. Gosh.  It's crazy! 


I must get at them.  Right?  I have a few big projects that I am dying to get at, but my head is full of all this other stuff.  The 'waiting to be worked on and finished' stuff.  

So, without further ado...

Here's the first one.  Last year,  I was in an Aqua and Red Block Swap.  When it was my month, I asked for wonky stars...and I got them!  Aren't they awesome?  (I actually received 19, so I'm guessing I didn't photograph them all???)

This wonky star quilt is one of the ones that got off to a good start and then I let it sit.  I was even super organized with it...all the squares of fabric are cut and stored in a bin.  It takes no time at all to make one wonky star.  So...why have I let it sit?

Who knows.  It really doesn't matter right now.  Cuz, I do have a plan! 

I need 64 blocks for the front and 3 for the back.  67.  If I put in a little time here and there and make a wonky star...or two...they'll be done in no time at all!  In fact, since making that plan, I made 8 of them!   
 
Now I only need 40.  I can deal with that number.  

How about you?  Do you start projects and then get distracted?  Or, do you finish one before you start the next one?    


Have a restful Sunday evening!




"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

4 comments:

Farm Girl said...

I liked all of those stars and the colors. What me get distracted? You should see the pile of rugs I have started and haven't done anything else. I have even ran across some more forgot I had, I am taking a page out of your book and trying to finish up what I have instead of moving on to the ones that keep catching my eye. :)
Very pretty quilt.

kelley said...

Let's just say I've just given Debbie a few hand pieced quilt tops from about 20 years ago...works in progress you know...

I have been working on getting things quilted...a large pile of small quilts basted and ready for hand quilting...

Then there are the small quilts in patchwork progress...

WoolenSails said...

Distracted is my middle name, lol.
I am overwhelmed, so time for me to slow down and work on what I want and not stress about what I didn't finish.

Debbie

moosecraft said...

'scuze me... I'm noticin' one ain't exactly lookin' like a star? Did you get distracted? lol!

I start a couple of big projects... and when I need a break I make a couple of smalls... then get back to the big stuff.