Sunday, July 1, 2012

Waiting...

I was reading Ashley's blog (Film In The Fridge) the other day...she had written a post about her unfinished quilts.  Go here to see what she has to say (and show).  

It got me to thinking that I really need to finish some wip's.  Good grief!  I have probably about 8 quilt tops done, but five of them actually have the backing ready and are completely ready to be finished!  So, what's the holdup?  I just need to get at them and get them done!  Right?  (And, you know what's even better?  I have the bindings ready for those five, too!!!)

Here they are, in no particular order...

Wonky Log Cabin (wow...I started this back in September of 2009!) 


Paris Park...this is for Kaylynn and was started 2 years ago...

Paul (son) and Rachel's wedding quilt...been married almost 3 years now...oops!

And, this whirlygig quilt that I am not totally in love with (but am sure I will be once it's quilted)...

Kashmir Filmstrip...


I also have this one waiting...it's from Kelley and it is all hand-pieced.  I've not done anything but prepare a backing for this yet because I keep thinking I should hand-quilt it.  We shall see what happens with it.  Need to make up my mind and get it done.
                      
 
Of course, you know that there are more in various stages, but I really need to get at those five that are waiting.  

Anyway.  Just taking stock.

And, trying to keep cool in this hot weather.  

Have a great Sunday!



"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."   Jeremiah 29:11

8 comments:

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

They are all so pretty! Too cute about the wedding quilt...maybe for an anniversary! LOL You are a speedy quilter, though...they should be done in no time!
Hugs,
Courtney

Kim said...

Lol. This reminds me of all the abandoned rug projects behind the sofa. I remember the wedding quilt and admiring the fabrics.

kelley said...

oh yes, unfinished quilts...they are on my to do list too...I'm starting with the little quilts...

I think some little girl needs her quilt first...before she starts driving!!!

as for the one I sent you...toss it on the frame and machine quilt it already...use it until it's tattered and torn...that's what makes a quilt feel loved...

moosecraft said...

Great idea! Let's get those WIP's all finished! I'll be doing that today.... and hopefully when I have off on the 4th i can start something new... like some piecing! :-)

Farm Girl said...

Don't you just like doing other parts of something than others? I think that is what always gets me bogged down. When it comes to quilting I like doing the tops, but I don't really like the rest and I am not wild about quilting them when they are finished. The same with rugs, I love, love drawing out patterns on burlap. I like starting them and then to finish them I have to make myself do it and we don't even want to talk about finishing the edges.
It gets easier as I won't let myself start another project unless I finish the one ahead of it but still it is something I have to make myself do.
I love all of those quilts you have pictures of. It is harder for me to do things when it is very hot. I just want to lay around and read. :)

WoolenSails said...

All wonderful quilts and well worth finishing.

Debbie

Pokey said...

These will make such a neat stack when finished! I'm cheering you on...hey, Christmas sounds realistic at right now for these to be finished, what do you think? One a month....
;-}pokey

Unknown said...

Okay...you like making tops! I must say that I have a fear of leaving unfinished tops and then my daughter will need to find someone to quilt them. So I pretty much quilt what I make. I enjoy the complete process especially the hand work at the end when I do the binding.