Monday, March 5, 2012

Official!

Yes, it is.  I was pretty sure this was what was going on.  Now, after a visit to my doctor, it's been confirmed.  I have tinnitus.  What's that?  A constant ringing in my ears.  Cause?  Probably age.  There's been no ear infection, no continual exposure to loud noises or machinery...nothing new.  So far, this constant noise is not keeping me awake or causing me to lose sleep.  It's good when I have some music going on around me to distract me from it.  Else, it could drive me crazy.  Literally.

Go here if you'd like to learn more.  And, if you're interested in hearing what I hear, try the little players toward the bottom of this page.  The one labelled 'ear ringing sound' is the closest to what I hear.  Not quite so high-pitched and not usually that loud.  But, like that.  All of the time.  Day in and day out.  Nighttime.  Daytime.  All.  Of.  The.  Time.  It doesn't go away.  Fun, hey?

I have some hearing loss as well, so will be having a  hearing test in the near future.

Isn't that great news?  Actually, I'm looking at it with the 'glass is half full' attitude...there are many more things I could have that would be much more serious and life-changing.     

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Productivity.  With my poppy quilt, I've been making more Rubik blocks.  I trimmed the ones I had already finished to make 12.5 inch blocks.  The blocks are all variations of this one...

Until I had an idea.  How would it look if I made a Rubik block out of a single fabric?  So.  I took a piece of fabric with the large poppy and cut it into 9 squares and put them together with the sashing...and this is how it looks.  


I still need to add the solid borders.  It turned out better than I thought it would...and I really like it.  I think I'll put a few more together this way.  With the other fabrics.

As for the swoon/orange & aqua quilt...I completed block 6!  I sure like these big 24.5 inch blocks.  Still am unsure of how many I'll make, though.  The original plan was to make 9.  I may have decided that I don't want to make such a large quilt.  Time will tell.



 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I posted 4 packages today.  I apologize for taking so long to send them on their way.  Madge, Ann, Jody and Jill...let me know when they arrive, please.



"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."   Jeremiah 29:11

10 comments:

Farm Girl said...

Gosh Jacque, I am so sorry about that, I get it from time to time and it is horrible. I hope they find some answers for you,
I will be praying for you.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Jacque ~
Sorry to hear about the tinnitus, but you are so right that it could be so much worse! This growing old stuff is not for sissies :)
Love all your quilty stuff.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Lindy said...

Love that poppy block! NPR specifically "the peoples pharmacy" had a show on tinnitus it was very informative. Do a google and check out what was said.

WoolenSails said...

I can hear fine, but I do have ringing. Since I took the cats claw it went away and now that I am not taking it, the ringing is back, so guess it helped that problem, lol.

Wonderful projects and ideas. I started out good today, now my daughter is here, so not getting anything done.

Debbie

moosecraft said...

Beautiful blocks! Sorry about the tinnitus... I think there are herbal remedies available to at least help ease it a bit.

Anonymous said...

Good grief, Jacque, that constant sound would drive me batty....not that I'm not already!! I get very short episodes of a high pitched sound once in a while but it only lasts a few seconds. I can't even imagine living with it. My prayers go out to you.

JoJo

Anonymous said...

Love the large poppy!
No package mailed to me yet?
Love you, Joyce

Anonymous said...

I have that too... I think mine is due to listing to 8 hours a day of road noise, engine noise and the racket of 300 kids I transport back and forth to school, now in my 13th year... or age, well I won't go there! lol... Sorry about yours...

annie said...

My husband has the ear problem too, me, I have it just a little bit. The dr. got a little machine for him to listen to as he goes to sleep, sort of soothing night time sounds, like waves etc. to help him go to sleep. He says it does help some. It turns itself off after a few minutes. It loooks like a tape recorder. A friend said his dr. told him to take day time benadryl, that it would help with the ear pressure, I don't know if it will work or not. I hope you get some relief.

I love your block you made.

Thank you, I received the sweet little sheep! It is just precious, I love it!

Anonymous said...

Love the poppy!
Sorry to hear (no pun intended) of the tinnitus, didn't know you had it, as you never mentioned it...yes, could be way worse, but yet, annoying.
Love,
Janer