Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Few More Things...

I haven't accomplished much more sewing today.
I've been reading...
have I mentioned lately how much
I love my kindle?
I do, ya know.
Love it.

Did I tell you that I named it?
Yes, my kindle.
It wasn't my idea...
when I registered it with amazon.com,
they asked me to name it.
How could I refuse?

edited to add:  I named it kashmir...as in 'kashmir kindle'.
{grin}

I also watched a movie today...
"Wall Street:  Money Never Sleeps"
with Michael Douglas.
It was okay, and I do like Michael Douglas.
I watched the first "Wall Street"
movie several years ago (made in 1987).
Wanted to watch that one again
before I saw this one...but didn't. 

I made a few Sawtooth Star blocks...
I am following (sort of) the quiltalong
with Cheri Payne of quiltsbycheri .
These blocks measure about 4.5 inches...
fun and easy to put together. 

That's all I have.  

Hope you're having a great weekend.    


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."    Jeremiah 29:11

7 comments:

Joanne said...

Some day I too will have a kindle! Some day...... Anyway - what did you name it? For not sewing much you got a lot done!

woollylottrugs said...

yep that was my question Jacque. What did you name it?? I love mine. I read now more than I ever did. I have over 700 books on it and only paid for 2. They have so many free books on amazon it's incredible. You'd never have to buy a book again!!!

hugs
cyndi

Dog Trot Farm said...

Good evening Jackie, my dad received a Kindle Fire for Christmas. I decided if at the age of 84 he could master the Kindle, then there was hope for me! Lovely quilt squares, very vintage looking, Love it!

moosecraft said...

Ooooooh! Pitter patter pitter patter.... I LOVE the fabrics in those blocks!!! Gorgeous! I've been looking at the SAL on Cheri's blog... and thinking about it.... but, I'm trying to "catch up" on the Snow Days... :-) Kashmir is THE perfect name for your Kindle!

Miccosukee said...

Last year, I bought a Kindle, the second generation and have done very little reading on it. I also signed up for Kindle for my PC. Mine has a small button on the bottom to control pages and where you want to go. The newer ones have a much larger control button which would probably suit my bigger fingers. So until I can afford the Kindle Fire, my older version sits in its box.


trisha
PS Love the header on today's blog. That would be great to hook.

Pokey said...

Nothing like a good book, or 2, or 3 dozen. I approach my reading like I do quilting, rather obsessively, lol. Keep enjoying what you do...I like your little stars!
:-}pokey

Dana - Old Red Barn Co. said...

I love my Kindle too. My daughter got the Kindle Fire for Christmas and loves it as well!

Love your sawtooth stars!