Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I Know I've Said This Before...

but, I am in love!!!


It's not often that I truly drool over something.
But this?
oh my.
(No thanks to Sharon, by the way.)

Take a look at this...
be sure to click to enlarge.
See the churn dashes,
the stars,
the pinwheels,
the half-square triangles,
the flying geese...
the EMBROIDERY!

Look at the embroidery!
Oh my gosh...
it literally took my breath away!
All done in one color of floss.
On Kona solid in Bone.

It is simply the most gorgeous quilt!
I so want to make it!
It's available as a Block of the Month here.
There are 40 different fabrics in it...
Japanese yarn-dyes and
cotton taupe & cream prints.
Delicious!

It is also available as pattern only.

Alas, I put myself on a spending moratorium.
And, I really need to stick to it.
I joined the fitness center.
I guess one cannot have everything.
{sigh}
Priorities.
{sigh}
I'll live.
Perhaps.

I just wanted you all to know
how much I love this.
{sigh}
My birthday is coming...
hint, hint.
Shameless, aren't I?



Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with all thy might. - Ecclesiastes 9:10

3 comments:

Farm Girl said...

Okay I will take the hint, just exactly is your birthday? I love that quilt too and I sat and looked at it for a long time. I know for a fact it is way beyond my skill level but I know it fits yours. It really is a beautiful quilt.
I can tell you have been having fun.
So glad you are having a vacation.

moosecraft said...

Whoopsie!!! You've done a good job talking me into liking this one too... I always liked the colors, but I had not seen the embroidery on this until you pointed it out..... and now I want it too! lol! ;-)

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Such a beautiful quilt. I think your really going to have to make this one.