Saturday, January 16, 2010

Friday Night Sew-In...a Success!

YAY!  That was fun!

I participated in the Friday Night Sew-In put on by Handmade by Heidi.
I really needed to get the binding hand-sewn on this little quilt.
And, I did!  ohhhh...I love how this binding sets off the quilt.



Threw it in the washer and dryer first thing this a.m....
oh.my.gosh...soft and crinkly doesn't even being to describe this.

(measures about 30 x 40)

It was nice to have a definite goal in mind for the evening...
saved me from wandering around wondering what to work on.
Course, I was going to work on my hand applique, too,
but I got sleepy very early last night.

Thanks, Heidi for the Sew-In!!

11 comments:

Pokey said...

This is a great finish-washed and ready to deliver a quilt hug!! Of course, you picked the BEST piece for the binding, RED with HEARTS!
Very nicely done!

Jocelyn said...

Love it! The fabric is beautiful. Wasn't the Friday Night Sew-In fun??

Brenis said...

Oooh Jacq this turned out A. DORABLE!!!!!

Cath Ü said...

That is very pretty.. I like the design and love how you have backed the quilt too... Friday night sew in was good and so is looking at all the blogs to see what everyone has done..
Cath Ü

Thistlebrooms said...

Another Great on on your List Jacque...
The back is so different and Special. I Love it...
Keep 'em comin'...
~Marilyn

moosecraft said...

Great quilt Jacque! That binding really does pull all the elements together nicely! It's nice to have a night put aside to get something accomplished!

dexmangoldens said...

Nice binding and it looks REALLY soft!! Too bad I don't do pinks or reds, or I'd take it off your hands!!

Anonymous said...

wow, that is so awesome. Still thinking on it though. Joyce

jane augenstein said...

Oh, great job Jacque!!! Love it, looks like a Valentine quilt!

Sandy said...

Cute quilt...great to get these things finished! Sew-In was a lot of fun.

Kathleen said...

What a lovely quilt AND I like the back AND the binding.