Saturday, March 14, 2009

Done For the Day!


Okay, here's where I am. Quilt top is done. Just need to add borders. What I'm thinking is to add a small border of 2", then a narrow strip of the backing (1" of green w/brown scrolly thingies) and then 5" of the brown again. Right now it measures 28x38. If I do that, it'll measure 44x54. That'd be good, don't you think?

When I first cut the squares, I made 2 piles of 9 blocks. I cut them somewhat the same, but didn't rotate them the same...but I should have. At the time, I was going to make this much larger, so I wanted one set of blocks to be completely different than the other set. Well, then I decided on a smaller quilt...and then I used 2 blocks for the pincushion (without paying any attention to which 2 I took). When I started placing the blocks, I was aiming for some kind of order...with each color being on either side and in the middle...but then, well, I was not completely successful. But, hey! Know what? I don't really care...at one point was going to throw them in there randomly. ohwell. It is what it is and I am very happy with it thus far.

I did a pretty good job matching seams, too. YAY!!!

It's 4:00...time to put on my jammies, make popcorn and read a book.

5 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Oh, Jacque,
That came out beautiful, the sashing really brings it all together, you did a wonderful job on it. I really want to get some quilting done, but too lazy to sit at the machine right now;)

Debbie

dexmangoldens said...

Quilt looks great! I think the border will be great. Make sure you take a picture of it when it is completely completed. :) You did good on the random and matching colors. Have fun in your jammies and having popcorn. Love, Julie

jane augenstein said...

WOW....Jacque!!! I am impressed, you did it and it didn't cause you to lose your mind over matching colors and such!!! LOL I knew you could do it. It looks BEAUTIFUL!!!! YIPPEE!!
Yum, popcorn sounds good, I may have to go fix some. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!!!! That quilt is great!!!!! I can't wait to see the finished product!!! Great job!!! You should be very proud of yourself.
I am off to listen to Pastor Jerry and do some knitting!!!
Joyce

Brenis said...

Oh Jacq it looks VUNDABAR!!!! (went phoenetic with that, i know it's not right! lolol) I think you DO have a gut that speaks to you about color and alignment - otherwise the white wouldn't have bothered you!! See???? You CAN do it!! Yay!! Sooo proud of you!! It looks FANTASTIC!!!! :D Way to go!!