Saturday, November 29, 2008

RIVEN...a novel

I have just finished reading what is, perhaps, the most moving book I have read in my entire life. "Riven" by Jerry B. Jenkins...author of the Left Behind series that I wrote about here.

Written inside the front cover: "When a condemned man with nothing to lose meets a weary man of God with nothing to gain, everyone washed by the endless ripples of that encounter will forever recall the day a little bit of heaven invaded a whole lot of hell."


It's a large book...over 500 pages. My sister, Joyce, had read it first and urged me to read it. Well, I am so very happy that I did. It is a moving story...one of hope and faith and loss and courage. Here is a song that is in the book (entitled, "The Love of God")...it so moved me...

Could we with ink the ocean fill
And were the skies of parchment made,
Were every stalk on earth a quill
And every man a scribe by trade,
To write the love of God above
Would drain the ocean dry,
Nor could the scroll contain the whole,
Though stretched from sky to sky.

I would recommend this to be the next book you read.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will certainly check out my library for that one. Thanks! And I will start listening to my TSO cd's. Jua