Thursday, October 6, 2011

Snow In The Valley...


Well, what can I say?

I did it again.

I fell in love with a quilt.

One that I made.

Oh, Mercy!

10/7...edited to add:  took it to work to
show my coworkers and one of them bought it!  


You know that there's
nothing I like better
than a pieced back.

However.
This one was a challenge.

Here's the problem...
I have more of this fabric,
but I want to keep a specific amount
set aside to use in the future.
So, to get the size backing I needed for this quilt,
I used up every single scrap piece
larger than 5 inches that I could find!

I was almost beginning to feel
like one of the king's men
in the Humpty Dumpty rhyme!
(you know...'all the king's horses & all the king's men
couldn't put Humpty together again!")
Yikes!
{grin}


 Here are the stats:
Started: September 6, 2011.
Finished: October 5, 2011.
Fabrics:  Hope Valley by Denyse Schmidt
& Kona cotton solid in Snow.
Size:  Approx. 58 inches square after laundering.
Pattern:  Summer Sampler Series found here.





"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

8 comments:

Farm Girl said...

Very, very pretty and that is the first time I have ever seen a pieced back, that is pretty too.

Dog Trot Farm said...

Another masterpiece! I have a hunch this quilt might just find it's permanent resting place on your bed!

Cathy G. said...

Oh my word!! I love how you pieced that back!
Cathy G

Brenis said...

O M G
I AM HEAD OVER HEELS
IN LOVE <3
For reals
I think this is my most favoritest quilt you have made to date! Can it come live with ME?????? :D

Seriously. LOVE!

Anonymous said...

what a great quilt...just love the pieced backing! Great job!
patti

moosecraft said...

A great Summertime quilt! Love the pieced backing too!

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

I agree ~ I love it, too!!

Tammy Burks said...

Is it bad that I love the back more than the front?! Such beautiful happy colors!