Sunday, October 23, 2011

Almost Over...

How was your weekend?
It's almost over...did you get
everything done that you wanted to?

(Okay, okay...you may quit laughing and
pick yourself up off the floor.)

I was actually very productive and
got the three top things on my list done.

I hemmed a pair of jeans for a coworker.  

I made 2 trick or treat bags for a different coworker.
I made them pretty much like I make my tote bags, but without pockets.  The next ones I make (if ever) will not be quilted.  But, this is what she wanted, so this is what she's getting.  I aim to please!  {grin}

I layered and pin-basted the baby quilt
I briefly mentioned back here.

And, I watched 2 movies.
"Blink"  and "The General's Daughter".
I had never seen "Blink"...
starring Madeleine Stowe and Aidan Quinn.
I've seen "The General's Daughter",
but I love John Travolta,
so wanted to see it again.
Madeleine Stowe is in that movie, too.

Now, I am going to sit and do a bit of
stitching to finish up block 9 and 
then relax for the rest of the evening.

Have a good week!


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

6 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Looks like you got quite a bit down. I am still working on small things and goofing off;) Your bags are wonderful, that is something i will be trying this year.

Debbie

Farm Girl said...

Okay now I feel like a total slacker. No, not a single thing did I accomplish. I finished a very stupid book I should have put down the first day I started it. That is about it.
I always enjoy reading about what you did though. It gives me a goal.
To at least finish something.
I am so glad you had a lovely weekend.
No, I have never seen either of those movies. I am watching Chuck. :)

Dog Trot Farm said...

Jacque what cute totes! Your co-workers are going to love them. I was productive this weekend, got all my ironing done and cleaned the coop. Have a great week, Julie.

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

I love for the weekends! It's when my dream life begins. I worked on my Etsy site, listing yarn and spinning! Oh, and I started finishing my flower pot rug...high time too! I love the bags!

moosecraft said...

Love those Trick or Treat bags!!! Not only is the fabric cute... but they look like they are nice and strong so they can for sure hold POUNDS of candy!!!! Ooooooooh-yah! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!! Are those bags ever cute!! Which gives me an idea!!
I could have a different lunch bag for each season and holiday!!
I am using my mustard colored bag everyday to carry my lunch to work!! We have a fridge, so I don't have to use my thermal lunchbag. When you make my 25 different bags, would you mind puttin gin about a 6" bottom?
Thank you!
Your favorite sister in Colorado!
Jill