Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Block 11...

I have a few things to show today.

"Snow Days" block 11 is done.
I skipped block 10,
so I still have 4 blocks left.
2 larger.
2 smaller. 
 


See the bird?
See the bunny?
I think they are kinda cute!

The other thing I've been working on this week
is a baby quilt for my coworker.
She and her husband have just become foster
parents for her husband's niece.
Raina is 9 months old and just adorable!
They're going to have their hands full!

I'm over half done with the quilting...

I should be able to finish quilting it tonight.

I like to get my binding ready
before I start quilting.
That way,  I'm set to sew the binding on
as soon as I get done with the quilting.
Do you do it that way, too?

 Have a pleasant evening!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

6 comments:

Pokey said...

I do not embroidery, but certainly appreciate it's beauty. Yours is cute! Sweet baby quilt, Jacque ~
:-}pokey

Farm Girl said...

I love the snow days blocks so much.
You know that is a very good idea doing the binding that way. No, of course not, I never plan ahead if I am doing a quilt.

missthesea said...

Beautiful!

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

I saw that bunny right away. Another great snow block! The colors on that baby quilt are just wonderful! Beautiful, as ever!

Laurie sowthacres said...

Oh, just love these embroidery blocks you are doing for your quilt, if only i could do such nice stitches, I get bored and then they get to big -- LOVE the bunny!!!!

Dog Trot Farm said...

Found the bunny but it took me a minute to find the bird. Once again, where are my glasses when I need them! Pretty colors in the baby quilt, your co-worker is just going to love it. Have a good evening, Julie.