Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Valentine's Day and My Birthday...

Hey there, everyone!

Today is Valentine's Day.  Do you do special things with/for your loved ones?  I made a primitive stuffed heart for me Mum to hang from a lamp in her room at the nursing home.  I forgot to take a photo...but will get one taken next time I visit.

My sister's first wedding was on Valentine's Day.  We bridesmaids wore red velvet dresses...very elegant.  

Friday is my birthday.  How do I feel about that?  Well, I love my birthday.  Perhaps not as much now as I did when I was younger.  Still, though...it has always been a very special day for me. I remember one year, when I was old enough to know better (probably about to be 8 years old), I became very upset because my Dad had to go to work.  On my birthday!!!  Could not understand that.  And, I LOVE gifts...I feel as if everyone in the world should (want to) give me a gift.  Not even kidding.  Well, perhaps a little bit. 

At any rate, on this upcoming Saturday, we will have a small party over at the nursing home with Mom.  We will eat angel food cake...yum!  It is my favorite cake.  Forever and always.  For years, and before I moved to Madison, I served angel food cake (with that fluffy, sticky white frosting - remember?) at my birthday party.  I always asked my Godmother/Aunt Bev to cut the cake for me...and she always obliged.  It was way less messy with her doing the cake cutting.  That is a memory that makes me smile.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As usual, I have some finishes to show you.   

A tote bag for myself...made with Ellen DeGeneres fabric & black oilcloth.
On the inside, a zipper pocket and 3 open pockets.

I took part in a plus quilt quiltalong on Instagram...
I have a total of 36 blocks, measuring 10.5"...
waiting to be put together into a quilt top.

Just last week, I joined the #sewingavillage party over on Instagram.

Got a bunch of snow last weekend...all gone now, though.  whew.

And, I have several items on my list that I need to plan.  A few quilts for family members, 3 tote bags, several napkins, Kleenex cozies, etc.  I am hoping that Brenis will come to visit soon.  I need her help in getting a good start with one of the quilts.  

Hope you're having a lovely Happy Valentine's Day!!!


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.". Jeremiah 29:11

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please make sure you do take a pic of what you made mom. Sounds cute. Happy Valentine’s Day to you! Joyce

WoolenSails said...

Your bag is beautiful, I need to try some, one of these days. I love repeating blocks and yours are wonderful.
Happy Early Birthday!

Debbie

acorn hollow said...

who doesn't love a birthday? A very happy one to you on Friday. You have been busy with wonderful projects. I wish I could say our snow is gone but no such luck.
catahy

moosecraft said...

Happy Valentine's Day! I love that tote! Did not know that Ellen Degeneres had a fabric line? The plus blocks and houses are so cute! You always have a great variety of fabrics! That's the kind of snow I like....here today, gone today! lol! We might get some like that on Saturday. Looks like a nice neighborhood too...I like that the house are a good distance from the street. Wishing you a very HAPPY and angel cake filled Birthday!!! :-)

Farm Girl said...

I am so glad I am reading this on your birthday, Happy, Happy Birthday Jacque. I hope your day is splendid. I know that my friend ship with you changed my life. Did you know that? Talking to you and I consider you one of the first blogger friends I had made. Then you blessed me so much by giving me the desires of my heart when you sent me that wonderful box filled with everything I needed to get started hooking.
So thank you so much!
I just love reading about your life in Colorado. I wish you the best of days today.
Sending lots of hugs to you,
Kim