Friday, February 13, 2015

Scraps...

I played with scraps today.  That was not my intention when I started going through my tote full of miscellaneous fabric...I just wanted to sort it out so I would know what I had in there.  But, while sorting through everything, I decided to take out the pieces that were small (as in less than an eighth of a yard).  I ended up with quite a pile when I got done...
this is just a small portion of the pile
I set some of the pieces aside to use for doll clothes.  The rest was cut up into strips...
1.5", 2.5" and larger strips

  and squares...
2.5", 3", 4" and 5" squares
There is another container that holds 6" squares and larger pieces that I did not want to cut up. The containers measure 12 x 6.5 x 4 inches...and, with what I put in there today, they are full!  

I only started dealing with my scraps this way about a year ago.  Before that?  I put my scraps in two 16 quart enamel pots that I had once used for dyeing wool...and boy, they were stuffed full!  The last time I went through my stash, I gave away most of what was in those pots, as well as other fabric pieces I knew I would never use.  My neighbor was very happy to receive LOTS of scraps and pieces of fabric.  

I have done a bit of sewing this week, but am unable to show you tonight.  I'll be getting a few more things done this weekend, so will be happy to share it all with you next week.

Have a great weekend!


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.". Jeremiah 29:11

4 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Looks like you got a nice pile of scraps and organized so you can use them in other projects.

Debbie

Rugs and Pugs said...

I'm sure the bits of fabric add up quickly just like small pieces of wool and those woolley worms.
Happy stitching :)
Lauren

Dog Trot Farm said...

Happy Valentines Day Jacque...

annie said...

Sounds like a great way to organize your scraps. Mine are just in piles. It's bitter cold today, maybe I should work on mine! Take care, hope to see your projects as you go along. Blessings :)