Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Failing Brakes and Other Bits...

Did I mention that my brakes failed on my car?  It wasn't a huge deal when it happened, as I was on a street that isn't busy, I was close to home, and I was not going very fast (cuz there is often radar set up there).  My brake pedal went from normal to going all the way to the floor.  Oops!  I was able to stop, though, so I turned my car around and drove home.  I was without my car for 10 days, which was not fun at all.  Thank you to Kim and Maureen for helping me with necessary errands (grocery store and pharmacy).  Thankfully, that is now behind me and all is well with my car...and my world...once again.  Whew.   

  
I haven't been doing much since the weekend.  I want to, but the few things I have tried to do did not turn out the way I thought/wanted.  I hate when that happens!  I am going to give it a rest and do some knitting.  I am making a winter scarf for myself...simple and (hopefully) difficult to mess up. 


I made a linen napkin yesterday.  Just one.  For myself.  I am trying out an online linen fabric shop...linen to use for doll clothes, napkins and whatever else might strike my fancy.  It's been washed once and is very soft...so far, so good.  This color is 'ginger'...I like it a lot. 


The weather has been very cool this week.  I don't mind the cool temperatures, as long as the sun is out.  Great walking weather, for sure.  I do like Autumn..it's just that Winter follows it.

Tag has been doing his usual...laying around with his warthog.



This bottom photo makes my eyes fill with tears.  Classic Tag/warthog posture.  

My two sisters are coming to Wisconsin in 3 weeks...one from Maryland and the other from Colorado.  We will have time for a 'sister's night', which I am very much looking forward to.  Sitting around together is a time we all enjoy.  I am in the process of planning and making several gifts to take with me...for my sisters, and for a few others I will see.  I'll take photos, but won't be able to show the gifts until after I get home.  

Tomorrow is going to be a gorgeous day, weather-wise.  I have lots to do and it's always better when the sun is shining.  I hope you have a great day, too!



"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.". Jeremiah 29:11

2 comments:

Farm Girl said...

I would gladly trade you sunshine for some clouds. :)
I love that Tag photo too. That is so sweet. Your brakes failed? I am so glad you were okay. I am glad you have such nice friends. That sounds nice for your sisters to visit. Your scarf looks so nice.
It is hard for me to even envision cold weather right now. :)It has been hot for so long. Have a lovely day.

Dog Trot Farm said...

Jacque your brakes failed? I am so relieved to know you are okay...Sweet Tag and his gray muzzle...I can't believe that Winslow Homer turns 14 in November...that brings tears to my eyes...How nice your sisters are coming for a visit...Thinking of you, Julie