Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Something to Do...




I was looking for something to do.  I didn't know what I wanted to do.  I knew what I didn't want to do, though.  I didn't want to read.  I didn't want to knit.  I didn't want to sew doll clothes.  I didn't want to lay out the blocks of the bowtie quilt.  I didn't want to work on anything that was already in the works.   

So, here's what I ended up doing...I took the cut off corners from the blocks of the bowtie quilt and made them into half-square triangles.  72 of them.  I needed just 64 of them to make this mini-quilt...

You may think I planned the center 4 hst's to be the way they are, but actually, I made an error.  The prints (not the neutrals) should be making up the inside square.  But, I kinda like it like this, so I am not reverse sewing anything!  This mini-quilt measures about 12 inches square.  


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's Riley wearing the football hat that I made for me Mum to give him (talked about here)...
                                


                                 http://distilleryimage10.ak.instagram.com/516970987d6111e3a01512653ae023ee_7.jpg



"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.". Jeremiah 29:11

3 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Sometimes I make my best things when I can't think what to do and grab something for fun. Love how it came out and really nice design.

Debbie

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

What a nice mini quilt and Riley's hat is a perfect fit!

moosecraft said...

Riley looks great in his football hat! This little quiltie is nice too... great idea to use up the leftovers!