Sunday, September 29, 2013

A Worthy Cause...

Yesterday, Amanda Jean (over at Crazy Mom Quilts) wrote about Margaret's Hope Chest.  The program is collecting log cabin blocks that will be made into quilts for women who are battling post-partum depression.  You can read all about it here.  

I made up a few blocks...
 

Fun and easy to make, it takes longer (for me) to cut the strips than to sew/press them. 

Having a lazy day, just hangin' out with the brown boy.

How about you? 




"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.". Jeremiah 29:11

6 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Beautiful blocks and a nice way to help others out.

Debbie

moosecraft said...

Gorgeous blocks! And yes, a very worthy cause... the more educated and aware people get about this, the more families can be helped.

I'm recuperating from yesterday's noise-athon... stitching on Block 9 and over stuffing myself with chicken pot pie! :-)

Give some hugs and pats on the head to the brown boy from me! :-)

Dog Trot Farm said...

Beautiful blocks Jacque and a very worthy cause...Hugs, Julie

Erin @ Why Not Sew? Quilts said...

these are beautiful Jacque!

kks said...

a great cause! hugs to Tag-E-Butt!
xoxo

Farm Girl said...

It sounds like it was a nice day. I was busy all day. In fact it felt like three days in one.
Monday looks peaceful now. Have a nice week Jacque. I can make Log Cabin blocks. :) That even turn out.