Sunday, July 17, 2011

Coin Purses and Christmas in August...

I've done a little bit of sewing today.

Made 3 coin purses...

Started on a Christmas table topper for me Mum to give a friend.  The top is done...will show it when it's all quilted and ready to go.

Sharon, of Moosecraft, my co-conspirator in the 'snow days' quilt project, and I decided that we are going to set the month of August aside to work on Christmas gifts.  Yeah...Christmas in August!  We'll work on Christmas gifts ONLY.  We figure this might give us a good start on what all we have on our lists for Christmas gift-giving. 

What this means to me is that I need to hurry up and get a few things done and out of the way within the next 2 weeks!  For instance...the doll quilt swap quilt (thank goodness I have a plan), the sunshine quilt for Doreen, and the aforementioned Christmas table topper.  I have everything I need to finish these projects up...now to just get at them.

For the rest of today, though, I am going to sit and stitch some more on my Snow Days block 5.  Would love to finish that up this week!

Speaking of this week...it is going to be very hot & very humid...I am so thankful that we have central air.  I'll be sure to drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.

Take care and have a good week!



Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with all thy might. - Ecclesiastes 9:10

6 comments:

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Sounds like you girls have a good plan and before you know it your Christmas gifts will be done! Stay cool this week....it looks to be an extremely hot one here again!

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

We're in for heat as well...95 or better through the week. Tomorrow we are making arrangements to get my broken car to a mechanic who will put a new/used engine into it! We'll bring Gus and go to my in-laws (where there's AC) and hang during the day. I can't wait to see the new Christmas projects. I love summer, but don't like the heat!
Cute coin purses!
Hugs,
Courtney

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful coin purses. I need to get some zippers and try some zipper pieces myself. Too hot to do much these days, even with air, lol.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

Love the coin purses!
We have had high 90 temps for several weeks already and this week it will get up OVER 100. So, hope we all survive the heat!
Good plan for Christmas in August.
I may do the very same thing for my projects! Joyce

moosecraft said...

Yippeeee! Christmas in August! I have my list ready.... just need to make it "official"! :-) Great looking coin purses! Going to be hot here this week too....

Pokey said...

What a great plan to get ahead on those Christmas gifts! We'll be running the a/c, too, and I'm thankful we have it.
:-}pokey