Thursday, April 8, 2010

A Few Things...

First, I want to thank you all so much for your feedback.
I appreciate you so very much!
I guess I'll leave things alone.
I rather like the look of my blog right now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had to (read HAD to) go to 2 quilt shops today.
Not one, but TWO!
It was tough, but I managed.
{grin}

I picked up this fabric...
see the Eiffel Tower?
see the Statue of Liberty?

The fabric is called 'gnomesome traveler'...
it's crackin' me up!


I have a plan.
Don't you worry.

I picked up this dotted fabric for the binding of the Blush baby quilt.
It's gonna look darling!

And, this is the second day that I worked 
on my Postage Stamp quilt.
These are NOT 1" finished squares, though.

Do you think I'm nuts?
Okay, so don't answer that.

I'm cheating...these will be 2" finished squares.
(By the way, those strips in the photo are just laying there.
They're not sewn together...don't want you to think that I cannot match seams!)

There is a lot of sewing and cutting with this quilt.
But, I can already tell that it'll be worth it in the end.

AND, today I cut my first binding on the bias!  
YAY!
It's for my large whirlygig quilt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Allegra would have been 12 years old today.
There are no words that would come close
to conveying how I feel...how much I miss her.


6 comments:

Joanne said...

What a beauty Allegra was- with her pawprints on your heart you will never forget her.

Oh that gnome fabric is too funny! I can't wait to see what you do with it!

Love love love the 2" square quilt! Lots of work yes but like you said - worth it!

WoolenSails said...

What fun fabric, can't wait to see what you make with it. Our dogs are truly are friends and companions, it is hard when they are gone.

Debbie

Cathy G. said...

I know how you feel! I am so close to my dogs that it is almost unbearable to think about when they are gone. Sending healing energies and thoughts for you today! Cathy G

kks said...

love the fabrics!
hard to believe Princess would have been 12!! i remember when she was in CCU.....
i have some business i need to take care of with Spike...so i'm not working today...call me this morning...i need mark's #.....
xoxo

jane augenstein said...

Love the gnome fabric!!! Can't wait to see what you do with it!
Love the dot fabric too, good choice. Can't wait to see the blocks quilt, I spy some fabric that used to live at my house in there!!! :-D Glad it was put to good use instead of sitting in my closet!!! Yea!!!
What a cute picture of you darling Allegra, so sorry your heart is still hurting so. What a wonderful dog she was!
hugs....
Jane

Anonymous said...

Oh what fun material!!!
Love the gnome!!!
Allegra's picture is so cute!
Love you, Joyce