Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Almost the End...

of my holiday sewing/quilting gifts. whew. I have 3 more little things to make. What, you say...Christmas has already been? huh. Well, that's okay, as my boys and their families aren't coming until this Saturday. Yeah, officially it'll be 2010, but it's still our Christmas, 2009. This will be the first time all of my grandchildren will be together here at my house. Praying for the weather to hold...i.e. no snow, as they all have about an hour to drive.

Conlan's quilt is done...and all soft and crinkly after being laundered. I had fun making this and he will love the fireman motif. The pattern is the disappearing nine-patch, which I think is so easy and versatile.

Here's the pieced back...

I quilted it with red thread...just an all-over stippling.



I think I should get everything done today and then I can grocery shop (lasagna is on Saturday's menu...yummy) & clean.


Here's another fabric basket I made last weekend. This one is a bit larger...about 6 1/2 x 10 inches. The blocks are from the big box of scraps Cathy sent ...and the green lining is fabric from Jane ...too dang cute, hey??? 

Tutorial is here.

 I'll need to get all the links to my 2009 finishes on my sidebar. Soon. I am very proud of and happy with what I have accomplished this year...am set to make/meet some new challenges with my sewing/quilting in the coming year. Wait til you see what all I have on my 2010 list and it's not even the first of the year, yet! YIKES! {grin}

I am off work until next Monday...YAY!

Okay, time to get moving.

Later!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Conlan's quilt is awesome! If I don't talk with you before, have fun with all of the grand kids and your kids!!
Love, Jua

WoolenSails said...

The quilt came out beautifully, love the crinkles after it is washed. I need to go get that bag pattern, looks easy enough to do.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

Conlan's quilt turned out very cute, he will love it.
And I LOVE that basket!! It is just too dang cute!!
Joyce

Angus said...

Quite amazingly beautiful.